NEC Classic car show November 11th- East Anglia Area

Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO

I think Nigel 'Detail' Dean is meant to be there with his Ultima RS build. That should be worth it on its own :)

• Like 1

Its looking like I'll be coming along myself tomorrow (and as the "Bank of Dad" is paying I'm sure I'll have a couple of my lads in tow!)

Obviously I'll be visiting the Westfield stand, but have some mates on the Burton Car Club and the Rolls Royce Motor Club stands I'll be going to see.

It's also obligatory to see the fellow NWKCOG guys on their stand and hurl some light hearted abuse at Trev 😂

• Like 4

19 hours ago, OBO said:

I’m going tomorrow. Can’t wait. Need stuff 😂

Cobwebs off the wallet then 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

Its looking like I'll be coming along myself tomorrow (and as the "Bank of Dad" is paying I'm sure I'll have a couple of my lads in tow!)

Obviously I'll be visiting the Westfield stand, but have some mates on the Burton Car Club and the Rolls Royce Motor Club stands I'll be going to see.

It's also obligatory to see the fellow NWKCOG guys on their stand and hurl some light hearted abuse at Trev 😂

I am the bank of mrs lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO said:

I am the bank of mrs lol.

Don't get me started on that one! 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO said:

Cobwebs off the wallet then 

Yep. £600 lighter. Quite good for me. Willwoods are so nice though. 🤪

• Haha 2

WSCC meets NWKCOG!

20231111_100300.jpg

• Like 8

My sons and I got there bright and early to beat the normal NEC traffic and arrived at the halls just after the doors opened and it was already quite busy!

I have been to the Classic Car show many times in the past, but before my membership of the WSCC I would wander the halls for hours admiring the cars but not see a soul I recognised.... how things have changed!

Having been a member of NWKCOG Hardcore for a good few years, it was great to see them having a stand at the show. I know Trevor quite well and we always enjoy a bit of good natured banter whenever we see each other, this was no exception 😂

As I'm chatting on the stand I'm tapped on the shoulder by @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative 's better half, Glen with his son in tow.

Around the corner I stumble across the Burton Car Club, with friends Michael who runs the club and Ged owns GE Refinishers (a classic car restoration business) manning the stand.

Wandering a bit further I came across the Spax stand so had a good chat about all things springs and dampers with Tony (aka @DamperMan) who i'd not seen since the Warwickshire Curborough track day. Great to see you Tony, I'll be in contact soon about some new dampers!

About to enter the next hall I recognised the dulcet tones of my mate Nick Bradley who is not only a Westfield Megabusa owner but also owns Superveloce Cars (builders of the 

Aardvark Racing SR1). 

With the Westfield Chesil factory being there, it would have been rude not to go and say hello! It was brilliant to see @DIY-Si's beautiful Coventry Climax engined Westfield XI having pride of place on the stand alongside the electric Chesil and the white SEIW demonstrator. Nigel Trilk was on great form, apparently they were having a very successful few days which was great to hear. Seems the factory are getting some good interest in all three models.

There were a few cars there too, here's a few of my favourites 😍

Obviously a Westie or two!

20231111_113230.jpg

My favourite matchbox toy as a kid!

20231111_111955.jpg

Always fancied one of these, beautiful 😍 

20231111_102355.jpg

A bit of Jap 70's restomod muscle

20231111_101005.jpg

I'd give my left arm for this...

20231111_101619.jpg

917.... enough said!

20231111_112811.jpg

Have a soft spot for a Ginetta...

20231111_105851.jpg

Dream car of the early 90's

20231111_105736.jpg

One of my late father's faves, a stunning SM

20231111_102513.jpg

Who wouldn't want a 1937 Ford flathead cabriolet in the garage!?

20231111_094446.jpg

A rare 'Sud that the tin worm didn't eat 😂

20231111_110612.jpg

Stunning pre-WW2 Frazer Nash BMW

20231111_101918.jpg

• Like 9

My first time at the show and it was amazing. Did not get to see everything but had a great time seeing very nice motors. Had a lovely chat with the westfield team and got talking with damperman of course. Lovely guy and he was beaming like a cheshire cat when i said his shocks he supplied me have transformed my car. Will get some pics uploaded soon but i know after talking to Nigel at westfield the futures bright and exciting.

I was hoping to bump into others from here but it was a massive show and hard to keep track of everyone. Well done westfield for chatting to us and making us welcome as usual.

Cheers Bellyboy

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO said:

My first time at the show and it was amazing. Did not get to see everything but had a great time seeing very nice motors. Had a lovely chat with the westfield team and got talking with damperman of course. Lovely guy and he was beaming like a cheshire cat when i said his shocks he supplied me have transformed my car. Will get some pics uploaded soon but i know after talking to Nigel at westfield the futures bright and exciting.

I was hoping to bump into others from here but it was a massive show and hard to keep track of everyone. Well done westfield for chatting to us and making us welcome as usual.

Cheers Bellyboy

I was looking out for you but it seems our paths didn't cross unfortunately 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

I was looking out for you but it seems our paths didn't cross unfortunately 

Likewise Rob.

I could not get near you with all those fans of yours. I had to settle with a mike brewer instead 😀

• Haha 1

A few pics from today. Me in front of westfield stand. (I must lose some weight lol). AutoAlex and Brewer too which was good.IMG-20231111-WA0016.jpg.2dff5f8ff285572f43f8bd497fa67dd9.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0030.thumb.jpg.76ff1a5467c989c792bb559e63ed91b2.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0024.thumb.jpg.641d5bc892a4f7e3b53a0e3a81dabb90.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0023.jpg.3bb540f2ee621534ccd29cc0f0944881.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0022.jpg.85846effc4ee9b1bc6b98c697ed85f62.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0003.thumb.jpg.4083b2efbdf1b61b47043f13b7ac1035.jpgIMG-20231111-WA0013.jpg.a1a22d59c4c8c9642a7fe12ca17b0d62.jpg

IMG-20231111-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20231111-WA0023.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1