NEC Classic car show November 11th- East Anglia Area

Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO

Calling all petrolheads. The winter is looming but it wont dampen our spirits. As a few of you may have sorned your cars for the winter me and Barry thought it would be good to have a social. We have decided to have a get together at this years NEC Classic car show on november 11th. Its a great time to visit the past cars we all dreamed of and support all the clubs, manufacturers and traders. Westfield sportscars has come a long way in a year and its great to show the brand and the wscc club our support by wearing our gear. Westfield sportscars may not be at the show but will in our hearts. The idea is to go together in our tintops or westies if you want too and maybe meet for breakfast prior to arrival at the NEC. It will be a great show and also will stimulate our brain cells into maybe  improving our cars or garages over the winter. If we go maybe in 3s or 4s we can chip in for fuel and parking and also have a good laugh and build friendships in the process. Tickets can be purchased online prior and this is advisable as it saves a lot of queuing. If interested please reply here or message either me or Barry.

Regards

Martin & Barry

Joint AOs East Anglia

• Like 3

• Martin Bell - (Bellyboy) Joint East Anglia AO changed the title to NEC Classic car show November 11th- East Anglia Area
  • 5 weeks later...

Time is creeping up fast on this great car show. Anyone interested in meeting up.

Cheers martin

and if you go, please consider travelling by train, because the parking fees at the NEC are obscene  😵

I know things can be expensive but its worth it once a year. should be there around 9.30 all being well. I will have the westy hat on lol. Still time for others to join in.

Bellyboy

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 10:41, Mark Stanton said:

and if you go, please consider travelling by train, because the parking fees at the NEC are obscene  😵

I considered travelling by train after this warning  as i like train travel .

Earliest train 0641 three changes journey time 3:41 assuming trains all working arrive 10:30 ish   to get home I would need to leave about 1600 to get last train of the four i need to catch . total cost for two people £245.

By car it is 2:15 assuming light  traffic and i can leave at any time , 230 miles so between £9 and £45 for fuel and £13-£18 for parking 

I was shocked by the cost of the train  compared to the car I thought it would be closer   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

bl**** ell £245 and three changes ........... that's obscene especially as Cardiff is a big city and the NEC is one of the UK's prime exhibitions centre  ......... 😲 😲 

• Confused 1

Glen is going to this with his son, who was given 2 tickets as a birthday present from his girlfriend. Looking at the website it looks like the Westfield Chesil factory are displaying there, does anyone know if that is true?

It also looks like the Great British Car Journey museum and GBS are there too, in fact it looks like a really good event to go to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Glen is going to this with his son, who was given 2 tickets as a birthday present from his girlfriend. Looking at the website it looks like the Westfield Chesil factory are displaying there, does anyone know if that is true?

It also looks like the Great British Car Journey museum and GBS are there too, in fact it looks like a really good event to go to.

Westfield Chesil are in Hall 2, just by the door I believe. They should be easy to spot, as there may be a certain orange something on the stand..... 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Great to hear. I am looking forwards to this and supporting our favourite car brand. Be nice to see others from this forum there too.

• Like 1

We should be there Sunday. 

Looked at train prices from Basingstoke. £75 per person and a longer journey time than if we drove... isn't happening. Plus we're bringing a car door home for a friend.... 

Will try to find my Westfield t-shirt.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Something else to look forward to, a very special Westfield XI.

I am wildly jealous that I am not going but I am sure Glen will take me next year. I am surprised more people are not going, unless, like me, nobody has quite realised what is on offer there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1