Here’s a photo of me with the band:

IMG_1030.jpeg

(That’s me in the corner.)

• Haha 4

Are you not in the spotlight?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Are you not in the spotlight?

No - I tried to stay in the background.  However, I had also the job of hiding their Bibles.  Once I almost got fired when they caught me losing their religion.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

No - I tried to stay in the background.  However, I had also the job of hiding their Bibles.  Once I almost got fired when they caught me losing their religion.

Did you keep them jolly and well polished?

I recall when our late queen met them,  she held up an envelope and then said... "That's me in the corner."

• Haha 3

That's rubbish.

My claim to fame:

I'm in a book group with someone who used to have Sean Connery delivering their milk when he was a milk boy.

Beat that 😁

1 hour ago, dvd8n said:

That's rubbish.

My claim to fame:

I'm in a book group with someone who used to have Sean Connery delivering their milk when he was a milk boy.

Beat that 😁

You’ve got Methusila in your book group?

I have a lady friend in Kentucky who one summer had Tom Cruise as her paper boy.  She is still in communication with him from time to time.

• Like 1

Only five people who are not members of the Spencer family have been on the island where Princess Diana is buried. I’m one of the five. I was also responsible for putting up signs down the drive at Althorp saying ‘dead slow’ for the family funeral which was apparently the wrong thing to do….

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

You’ve got Methusila in your book group?

She's in her 90s and is sharp as a pin.

🙂

D

When my son was learning to ski for a school trip, we went to an indoor ski centre. I followed someone 0n a snowboard up the drag lift. At the top, you turned left, he fell over. He got up and went over to his mates and said " I can't get it right, just can't turn left"

It was Dougie Lampkin.

How about this one - when I was a child (a long time ago), our neighbour was the model maker for the original Thunderbirds. I had the original pink Rolls Royce, Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 4. Played with them until they were knackered and then thrown away. Don’t really know why they were coloured as the filming at the time was black and white!!

In the photo below, my brother is the elder less good looking one 😁

IMG_1297.thumb.jpeg.ad27d68c7c4f828b516777b25193e59e.jpeg

• Like 1

I was once banned from every Greggs bakers in the UK. The ban is still in place. Must be at least 28 years.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

I was once banned from every Greggs bakers in the UK. The ban is still in place. Must be at least 28 years.

I have to ask, why?

D