Peak District Run Out, Sun 28th May, 10am Whitworth Centre

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Hi, 

I'll be doing the normal convoy up on Sunday morning.

We will meet at the A38/A50 services (DE65 6DX) at 845am for a 9am departure, aiming to land at the Whitworth Centre for 10am. We will be taking the B roads as much as possible and avoiding the Matlock traffic.

Feel free to join us if you're coming that way 👍

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

Hi, 

I'll be doing the normal convoy up on Sunday morning.

We will meet at the A38/A50 services (DE65 6DX) at 845am for a 9am departure, aiming to land at the Whitworth Centre for 10am. We will be taking the B roads as much as possible and avoiding the Matlock traffic.

Feel free to join us if you're coming that way 👍

If I get up early enough I'll join you.

• Haha 3

Good to see so many Westfields at the Peak District meet. Started the day with Bakewell Tart at the Whitworth Centre- it wouldn't be a Peaky Cake eating day if you didn't.

DSC_2550.thumb.JPG.c50215cceb0322dde1eccfc8516eccf6.JPG

I thought I would let the 17 others go on the drive into the peaks and fight with traffic without me, and I would pop down to Derby to see my cousin, so when the tail end of the group got lost after 300 yards and had to turn round I carried on over the railway line up to Winster, and then on to Fenny Bentley, Ashbourne, Idridgehay ending up at the family farm near Duffield. I hope you all caught up in the end?

DSC_2553.JPG.f91e63cf56fc1b6edc1a8eeab1d29875.JPG

I came home via Belper, Ambergate, Oakerthorpe, Wessington and Kelstedge to find more cake waiting at home :)

Can't beat cake and cars mixed in equal measure.

DSC_2554.thumb.JPG.08fe15e52623d720defc881d66321c34.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative for another great day around the Peaks with great company as usual. Thanks also to @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AOfor taking the lead when we got split up from the group.

Though I think we have a cake challenger @AndrewBClarke@aegwith little Oliver who had a massive slice of carrot cake. I left my cake unattended for a minute and some of it went missing. Note to self don't let Sue looking after the cake🤣

IMG_20230528_142739.jpg

IMG_20230528_142726.jpg

IMG_20230528_142654.jpg

IMG_20230528_095806.jpg

IMG_20230528_122709.jpg

IMG_20230528_122714.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Zoom in on this photo and see who the real cake meister is!! Glynn had to be quick not to loose out!!

image.jpeg.6448679e7abef6d3429183722546a803.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, aeg said:

Looks as though you’ve had a lovely day 👍 @Andy Westwood and @AndrewBClarke you seem to be lacking commitment!!!!!! Only one cake on a plate 🤫 must try harder 😜 IMG_9931.thumb.jpeg.9b5417f4f9a74f48c4cd609e6780bec3.jpeg

see you guys soon luv us 

I mean they're like cakes ....... Just a lot smaller ... 

My boys just cried himself to sleep at the thought of cake coming in such small portions!

IMG_20230528_101918.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Funniest quote of the day "I'm off to the ladies. Do you want to check my wiring!"

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Funniest quote of the day "I'm off to the ladies. Do you want to check my wiring!"

Wasn’t me 🤪

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Wasn’t me 🤪

We know you're not wired up right! 😉 

• Haha 2