Cheshire & N Staffs Area meet, Thursday 4th May, Plumley

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

It’s our Area meet this Thursday, 7.30pm at the Golden Pheasant, Plumley!

Another great night: @Russ Bridgewater & @David lear joined me for a dry run across to the Golden Pheasant. We were shortly joined by @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman sounding like an A380 on take off, meanwhile @Andy Wallwork and @Westie66 were inside 'processing pies' and no doubt suitably embarrassed as neither had pedalled their Westfields the short distance to the pub.

Next to arrive was @6carjon in possibly the 7th car and also not in his Westfield! He was shortly followed by @Greenstreak-Andy D who was happier than a 'pig in 5hit' because he's successfully recorded engine noise on his Insta360X2 action camera using an external mic. 

Finally @CherryTreeFW joined us and we were able to view his recent cold inlet air mods to his great FW Zetec car.

We were also joined by @Nomad who is still shopping for his first Westfield.

We also met a pair of 'Jockenese' lads who were staying in the pub overnight prior to a track day at nearby Oulton Park, in their Porsche 997 and an M3 track car, who were interested in our cars and us in the descriptions of theirs (they weren't with them).

By 9pm, Russ, Dave and I decided to head for home and hopefully miss the forecasted wet stuff. We had a few drops but certainly not enough to soak us to the skin and didn't ruin a great evening.

IMG_9757.thumb.jpg.98f5d0e52d91d3b8f0e9fb5688b0d007.jpg

IMG_9760.thumb.jpg.d2a68e8717cec5b16edf426a7d194f5a.jpg

IMG_9762.thumb.jpg.a90dc856094a3d9913277dbe6c18746f.jpg

• Like 5

Was a good, albeit short, owing to impending imminent rain meet. Great to catch up. 

Here’s a photo taken when I arrived 

Snapshot_202305124_200500.thumb.jpeg.d85d4e39f5c4598b25a5b67fab10f979.jpeg

• Like 3

It took me a long time to be able to attend my first meet, and hopefully working arrangements will mean I can be there on a more regular basis. Great to see a lineup of essentially the same cars but every single one bearing its owners stamp in terms of mods, fixtures, fittings and innovation!

Attached is a pic of the new head I'm working on - pressure and vacuum tested, skimmed and honed to bed in the new Kent Fast road cams and bearing caps. 

Cheers

D

PXL_20230503_163952353.jpg

PXL_20230503_164006644.jpg

PXL_20230503_164053767.jpg

PXL_20230503_163914726.jpg

• Like 3