Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

3 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Non Westfield related…. Hired a decent ladder and cleaned our guttering out. We are right on the A30 in Crewkerne, albeit in a 20mph zone which everyone ignores. Nobody seemed to want to take the job on, so me and the Mrs parked our cars infront of the house early on Sunday morning and I got it done.

I’m not a great fan of heights so the knees were knocking a bit, but we had a few comedy moments when trying to manoeuvre the ladder, and I managed to splatter the Mrs with mud dropped from height which fortunately she took on the chin, almost literally 🤣.

Totally by accident I presume... 🙂

What is it with tall people and fear of heights? I'm the same!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jaykay42 said:

Totally by accident I presume... 🙂

What is it with tall people and fear of heights? I'm the same!

I'm terrified up a tall building but absolutely fine in a light aircraft. How does that work? 

• Like 1

Same again - been in a light aircraft twice, fine.

The high ropes course in front of my school kids ... Somewhat more embarrassing for me 🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

I'm terrified up a tall building but absolutely fine in a light aircraft. How does that work? 

Same for me, never felt afraid in small planes or a helicopter.

I recall watching a programme about Paruchute Regiment training, and one of the cadets missed the first jump (which was from a balloon 800 feet up) due to illness. He went on to complete all the other jumps from much higher up, but needed to do the balloon jump to complete the course but when it came to it, he couldn’t jump so failed. I think it’s something to do with the proximity to the ground perhaps?

Oddly enough though, watching videos of people jumping out of planes doesn’t make me feel bad, but looking at nutters standing on the top of very high buildings or towers absolutely does! Some strange psychological effect no doubt.

10 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

think it’s something to do with the proximity to the ground perhaps?

Not for me cos I'm perfectly OK flying low. Won't risk a balloon ride though.....

Just finished working on my roll bar covers. Fairly small pieces of CF but they reminded me of my build days and how nervous I get cutting up bits of bodywork! Not perfect but happy with the outcome. 

Before:

20240305_154822.thumb.jpg.3e98e7d17b3f88385a37d4a0de2a7e41.jpg

After:

20240305_155708.thumb.jpg.3e4cd22ec2dfb4fa4f0ed3a702a43c0d.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Baker said:

Just finished working on my roll bar covers. Fairly small pieces of CF but they reminded me of my build days and how nervous I get cutting up bits of bodywork! Not perfect but happy with the outcome. 

Before:

20240305_154822.thumb.jpg.3e98e7d17b3f88385a37d4a0de2a7e41.jpg

After:

20240305_155708.thumb.jpg.3e4cd22ec2dfb4fa4f0ed3a702a43c0d.jpg

That looks really good mate, well done 👌

• Thanks 1

suffering the pain of MBE ECUs Ignition driver failure we think

20240302_170136.jpg

Driver IC's were available. I may have a spare ECU if you're sticking with old school.

3 hours ago, evosteve said:

Driver IC's were available. I may have a spare ECU if you're sticking with old school.

Thanks I have sent it to Ian oddie who seems to be the mbe guru for replacing the drivers 

Only heard good reports about Ian, love to know how you get on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kingster said:

Chilling out 😁

IMG_5899.jpeg.c2b77774e73b59132ef7f42e89a41e85.jpeg

me too!

IMG_4298.thumb.jpeg.de652743b5dfdad9034727bccbfaf935.jpegIMG_4259.thumb.jpeg.31fbbacf8a0dd30d5c1d360f9d482596.jpeg

Birthday treats for Jo and me! Love it here. Food is outstanding!

• Like 6

Rear end Thursday! Finally completed all my planned mods to the back of my car.

• AJM Designs carbon boot cover
  • AJM Designs rear diffuser
  • Hella high level brake light - many thanks  @jonjh1964 for 3d printing my mount
  • LED Autolamps 82 rear light conversion - many thanks @Quinten for all your 3d printing assistance 
  • Cartek FIA Rainlight as fog light
  • Black Newton Equipment Aero 300 fuel cap

I have a set of adhesive reflectors to stick in come MOT time…..

Pretty happy with the much cleaner look.

IMG_2302.thumb.jpeg.661021e62a2d850d019c7baa2e35d82a.jpeg

45CB41E0-BC9E-493C-BA65-562775A42BB2.thumb.jpeg.c0c8f74891e0c7bae7d1c8fad6cd732f.jpeg

• Like 7