Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

Went to the Lancia Motor Club gathering in Leamington Spa today….and saw the Monte Carlo I sold over 30 years ago. Gulp. 

And it’s still owned by the chap I sold it to.

Regretted selling that car many times over the years. Sadly, he isn’t selling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Put up a hammock in the garden with sufficient strength to take my 18st weight!

It was an amusing journey to get there! I started off with ropes, but found that the ones I had just stretched so I ended up on the ground each time.

I resorted to some wire cable in the end. First time was a failure again as one of the clamps slipped, but once fully tightened it did hold perfectly well. I confess there is only about a foot to spare when I get in! Enough to enjoy a nice relax though, just need some sun now!

IMG_0320.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Nice!

Update required- image.png.1f0eb85624f721ee23afb56e7f802bfb.png

3 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Update required- image.png.1f0eb85624f721ee23afb56e7f802bfb.png

Oh yeah….

Woke up early this morning to watch the mass ascent out of the bedroom window, one of the first bits of action from the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta taking place this weekend. 

20230811_073230.thumb.jpg.6c8ac8cd261df1ca2c333d949418b75c.jpg

20230811_072946.thumb.jpg.4455a1905bef0e1a20dab64f353983da.jpg

20230811_072957.thumb.jpg.533b1441fecdd7715fb25b596d5d6421.jpg

• Like 4

Most emphatically not worthy of a picture, but spent 3 very long and challenging days replacing the roof on what is somewhat grandly called the conservatory. Still got lots of finishing up to do, not least putting a bunch of windows back in, but at least the basic roof structure is on.

Never was the phrase “I’m too old for this shizz” more apt.

We’ve been waiting about a fortnight for a spell of dry weather to do the job, and when it arrived, it turned into 3 days of relentless baking sun. I sweated off 7 lbs….  (Yes, I know I’m a fat get, but still).

The general aches, pains, abrasions and blisters, along with the sunburn of course, are OK, but my treacherous lower back, has, naturally stabbed me in the, well, back, so that’ll be a few months getting to where it was last week. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, corsechris said:

Most emphatically not worthy of a picture, but spent 3 very long and challenging days replacing the roof on what is somewhat grandly called the conservatory. Still got lots of finishing up to do, not least putting a bunch of windows back in, but at least the basic roof structure is on.

Never was the phrase “I’m too old for this shizz” more apt.

We’ve been waiting about a fortnight for a spell of dry weather to do the job, and when it arrived, it turned into 3 days of relentless baking sun. I sweated off 7 lbs….  (Yes, I know I’m a fat get, but still).

The general aches, pains, abrasions and blisters, along with the sunburn of course, are OK, but my treacherous lower back, has, naturally stabbed me in the, well, back, so that’ll be a few months getting to where it was last week. 

I know exactly how you feel Chris. Getting older is a cruel trick. 

At last! I've found a hat that stays on and a blat get-up where I feel safe and secure! 😂

20230817_203608.thumb.jpg.197de4e59bc81f3255b9777d541ddfce.jpg

• Haha 4