Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

Here’s a view from inside, I can even wash the caravan up to the roof without ladders, and those that know me know that’s quite a feat 😂IMG_1741.thumb.jpeg.f9104b5e994fd1a8414e1cd5e13a5a8e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO said:

Here’s a view from inside, I can even wash the caravan up to the roof without ladders, and those that know me know that’s quite a feat 😂IMG_1741.thumb.jpeg.f9104b5e994fd1a8414e1cd5e13a5a8e.jpeg

That's a big ol' van!

Been to see Wheatus.

I'm still a teenage dirtbag.

20230917_213621.jpg

IMG-20230917-WA0002.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO said:

I take it this sides really clean and the other side just up to the window sill 🤣

• Haha 4

Love this. I was wondering what to do with my spare metal bonnet badge and how to get rid of my yellow Momo steering wheel centre. 

This is the perfect solution!

On 22/07/2023 at 08:10, Ewan said:

Chanced across a Westfield bonnet badge I bought a while back but decided not to fit. Then noticed it was the perfect size to replace the Momo badge in my steering wheel. Now looks way better.

3562D551-4123-4DE3-BE8E-1E6F08AB9C62.jpeg

Love this. I was wondering what to do with my spare metal bonnet badge and how to get rid of my yellow Momo steering wheel centre. 

This is the perfect solution!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aeg said:

I take it this sides really clean and the other side just up to the window sill 🤣

Nope the dwarf wall goes all round, this is quite an early photo, the shrubs are higher than the caravan now.:pDSCF0099.thumb.JPG.18f3ecab2fc1b9c49c209dcab6d5cad8.JPG

I have finally found use for 2 out of about two dozens os used wiper blades i kept in corner of garage for years.. last week wanted to throw it away, good I did not :)

IMG_20230925_142909616.thumb.jpg.1141dacf0c1a721478e02da07095097e.jpgIMG_20230925_142806709.thumb.jpg.d75eee3d5ecc8be742af5047852ba4f5.jpgIMG_20230925_142843580.thumb.jpg.db9a742cf763ca8f72bf9c939a4be7ef.jpg

Now, what to do with rest... 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I experimented with Chat GPT to create some Arduino code to control my button switch illumination level (Horn button, etc.).

Here's what I asked it:

"I want you to act as an arduino board. you are controlling the lights on 6 different buttons on the dashboard.  When the head lights are on you turn on all 6 button lights 50%. when the head lights are on and a button is pushed you turn that button light 100% and leave the remaining 5 button lights 50%, when the head lights are off and a button is pushed you turn that button light 100% and leave the remaining 5 buttons off.  What arduino code do I need?"

Here's what it gave me back:

const int headlightPin = 8; // Pin for controlling headlights (example pin number)

const int buttonPins[] = {2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7}; // Pins for buttons (example pin numbers)

const int buttonLightPins[] = {9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14}; // Pins for button lights (example PWM pin numbers)

void setup() {

pinMode(headlightPin, INPUT);

for (int i = 0; i < 6; i++) {

pinMode(buttonPins[i], INPUT);

pinMode(buttonLightPins[i], OUTPUT);

}

}

void loop() {

int headlightState = digitalRead(headlightPin);

int buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPins[i]);

if (headlightState == HIGH) { // Headlights are on

if (buttonState == HIGH) {  // Button is pushed

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[i], 255); // Set button light intensity to 100%

delay(100); // Debounce delay to prevent rapid toggling

for (int j = 0; j < 6; j++) {

if (j != i) {

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[j], 128); // Set other button lights to 50%

}

}

} else {                    // Button is not pushed

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[i], 128); // Set button light intensity to 50%

}

} else {                      // Headlights are off

if (j != i) {

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[j], 0); // Turn off other button lights

}

}

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[i], 0);   // Turn off button light

}

}

}

}

In this code, headlightPin represents the digital pin for controlling the headlights, buttonPins array contains the digital pins to which the buttons are connected, and buttonLightPins array contains the PWM pins used to control the intensity of the button lights. The code continuously checks the state of the headlights and each button. Depending on the conditions specified in your requirements, it adjusts the intensity of the button lights accordingly.

I have no idea if the code is correct, but I was amazed that it gave me what it did from my description!

27 minutes ago, DanM said:

I experimented with Chat GPT to create some Arduino code to control my button switch illumination level (Horn button, etc.).

I have no idea if the code is correct, but I was amazed that it gave me what it did from my description!

It's better at coding than simple thing such as 'how many times a day does the big hand overlap the little hand on a clock" 😉

The way to test the code it to put it in an Arduino and report back!

I'm not convinced the way the delays have been done to debounce the inputs (definately needed), will work correctly as the whole program stops whilst this is being done. However it's impressive that it knew to add the debounce function.

I've debounced mine by using counters external to the test condition and keep the code ticking round. Happy to share if you drop me your e-mail address via PM.

4 hours ago, DanM said:

Here's what I asked it:

"I want you to act as an arduino board. you are controlling the lights on 6 different buttons on the dashboard.  When the head lights are on you turn on all 6 button lights 50%. when the head lights are on and a button is pushed you turn that button light 100% and leave the remaining 5 button lights 50%, when the head lights are off and a button is pushed you turn that button light 100% and leave the remaining 5 buttons off.  What arduino code do I need?"

Here's what it gave me back:

const int headlightPin = 8; // Pin for controlling headlights (example pin number)

const int buttonPins[] = {2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7}; // Pins for buttons (example pin numbers)

const int buttonLightPins[] = {9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14}; // Pins for button lights (example PWM pin numbers)

void setup() {

pinMode(headlightPin, INPUT);

pinMode(buttonPins[i], INPUT);

pinMode(buttonLightPins[i], OUTPUT);

}

}

void loop() {

int headlightState = digitalRead(headlightPin);

int buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPins[i]);

if (headlightState == HIGH) { // Headlights are on

if (j != i) {

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[j], 128); // Set other button lights to 50%

}

}

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[i], 128); // Set button light intensity to 50%

}

} else {                      // Headlights are off

if (j != i) {

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[j], 0); // Turn off other button lights

}

}

analogWrite(buttonLightPins[i], 0);   // Turn off button light

}

}

}

}

In this code, headlightPin represents the digital pin for controlling the headlights, buttonPins array contains the digital pins to which the buttons are connected, and buttonLightPins array contains the PWM pins used to control the intensity of the button lights. The code continuously checks the state of the headlights and each button. Depending on the conditions specified in your requirements, it adjusts the intensity of the button lights accordingly.

That's scary