Kimbolton Country Fayre & Classic Car Show Sun 16th July.

Boftus

Hi  @Baz456 - Norfolk AO @snowy892 @Bigfoot @GaryD1971 @Bellyboy and anybody else that would like to come along.

I have received an email from the organisers!

They have asked me to confirm number of cars attending from our club.

This currently stands at 6, so i have asked for 8 spaces. this should also give us space to put up a gazebo/chairs/popup table/picnic/etc. just in case we get cornered lol

They say they have a new booking system this year, see below from the email:-

"We are delighted to announce that you will no longer need to send out wristbands to your club members – this year will be introducing the ability for your club members to book online, in advance of the show. It our hope that this drastically speeds up your movement as you enter the show through the pay lanes.

Each car club will be allocated an amount of space that fits in the number of cars you, the organiser, confirms you’d like to bring, and your members can simply book a ticket online, confirming the car club they are part of and show their ticket at the entrance to the show.

Full details for how to book will be provided closer to the show date to all clubs that confirm they would like to attend the show."

I will keep you informed when i hear more/when we have an allocated space/registered for attending.

Then you can book your tickets :)

Thanks

Jason

• Like 4

Hi bud. Nice one. 

• Like 1

Hi All again.

i have another update :) 

"Tickets can be booked and bought individually by each car club member.

Club members can book here:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/kimbolton-castle-rotary-club

Members will need to use the following code to access club stand tickets: (i will PM this to each of you)

Club members can book in advance to access the early bird price of £13.50 until 18th June 2023."

I have asked the question "is the £13.50 per car including passenger?

If any other members would like to come along and park your Westfield in our WSCC area, i will need to know before 9th June.
after this point the allocated space for the cars planned is closed by the show organisers.
Any more members that wish to bring there car would be directed to Area99 "general exhibition area", unless this area is also full. then you might need to park in general public carparking.

They have also reiterated for me to let all club stand attendees know (again):- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL CARS IN THE SHOW MUST BE STATIONARY BETWEEN 11am and 4pm ACCORDING TO HEALTH AND SAFETY RESTRICTIONS ON THE SITE THIS YEAR.

Thanks

Jason

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I have received an update from the show organisers, but it is a .pptx file and i cannot attach it.

Maybe we have a whatsapp group to share and contact on the day?

Could add to the private chat if your willing with contact info?

i will need to send you the doc via another method but it basically shows were the entrance is, route through the grounds and where we will be placed (square 49).

Should be fairly clear when we arrive...

I have a gazebo that is a bit battle worn and i need to fix it. But it works and has 2 side panels. I think its 3m x 3m so should be big enough

I also have 2 camping chairs.

But not sure i will be able to get them in my car with the gazebo (the bag looks ok until you put it next to the car! Its massive)

Still, only me in the car so it should fit in the passenger foot well ...

• 3 weeks later...

A total of 7 members attended this event and, thanks to Cambridgeshire based Jason who kindly made all the arrangements, we had a prime position.

The only downside was the journey home as several of us got caught out in a heavy downfall!

IMG-20230716-WA0001.jpg

• Like 4

Was a great day for sure. I have just dried out and am glad i rainx'ed my window screen .

On 19/07/2023 at 17:19, Baz456 - Norfolk AO said:

A total of 7 members attended this event and, thanks to Cambridgeshire based Jason who kindly made all the arrangements, we had a prime position.

The only downside was the journey home as several of us got caught out in a heavy downfall!

IMG-20230716-WA0001.jpg

Cheers to all you guys for come along, it would have been lonely without you :)
My gazebo looks rock-solid in that photo lol
maybe next year it'll be a bit less windy lol and a bit less wet?

• Like 3