• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

Thanks everyone.

We are all doing ok and taking each day as it comes

Sorry to hear of you're loss Gary.

Life's not fair sometimes.

I spent a few hours today filling and sanding then repeating the process on the passenger door, the door aperture and the surrounding areas. No photos of that though. Took me a good few hours but I am almost there.

I offered the door back into the aperture as I knew there was a mismatch on levels where it joins the scuttle at the front.

Once I had reviewed this, I built the scuttle up a bit. This will need taking down to the level of the door when I refit it.

988E0385-809E-46B5-998E-CC2A3445CC1F.thumb.jpeg.a41d8a05d5b615c274d3346adba05fc8.jpeg

I have also gone across the nose of the car sanding ready for some filler/prep work.

My plan is to get the door fitting nicely in the aperture, sort the front of the car out and then prime all down the passenger side and into the centre of the car in one go, so half of the body will then be primed.

Once this is done I will turn the car around on the drive and repeat the whole process down the drivers side.

The good work and the good reading continues 

Please keep it coming.

Be proud of what your doing, there aren't many amongst us that would know where to start.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Trevturtle said:

The good work and the good reading continues 

Please keep it coming.

Be proud of what your doing, there aren't many amongst us that even would know where to start.

Thanks

🤗 Cheers Trev

Yeah we’re not getting as many complaints about the Westfield build manual now that your good self and @corsechris are being “proper” rufty-tufty car builders 😁

Keep persevering mate 👍

Busy day today, I had to do some employer work!

I did spend the afternoon on the car though.

I got prepped and then managed to apply a couple of coats of etch primer down the passenger side of the car

9DADF1E6-AD64-40C8-A165-F952420373AE.thumb.jpeg.9878e7129e34ba98be669e6e05051234.jpeg

BCE7A004-A787-4485-87AC-D6C538F4F6A1.thumb.jpeg.d474d60213f72fc7d3e1a71d8575ef32.jpeg

I also coated the door whilst at it

113A08D7-3442-4146-9516-C75FCF24912E.thumb.jpeg.76abfa599ccbc9fe2b86bf40e9b2e5f4.jpeg

Been busy with the recycling I see!

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Been busy with the recycling I see!

I dont class that as an essential journey

Gary, it looks absolutely fantastic with the primer on.  I can really start to imagine what it will look like with some paint on it.  Do you have any thoughts on final colour yet?

Looks really different with the primer, I true representation of your hard work

Looks so so much better now your getting a single colour.

Whats the plans for final colour choice? Or are you keeping us in suspense till the reveal?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.