Cobra 427 Build

KugaWestie

Don't stop posting, it's a cracking thread and great to see something brought to life! How many threads have two builds? Starting with a garage 🤣

I'm actually torn between which is my favourite part at present :p

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

1 hour ago, BCF said:

Well everyone else has jumped in to pander to your ego now so nothing left for me to say! 🤣  I feel the same about my thread in stuff & nonsense though, does feel a bit like talking to yourself!! 

I would check the 'likes' on your posts and the number of views, that'll tell you it's a well liked thread. Keep it coming chap :yes: 

Yours is the same sort of thread Barny, it’s fascinating, though I know very little about MX5’s I’m really enjoying it, and it does give me a hankering to try one as a project car, somewhere down the line.

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yours is the same sort of thread Barny

I must have missed this! On the case 😁

2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I must have missed this! On the case 😁

Aha! The life after Westy one- just didn’t realise it carried on past the purchase 🙄 time to catch up then 😁

Oh yes, sorting out the turbo installation and changing the management system. With some interesting pipe work, courtesy of Marto!

I'm watching you... Always watching! :ph34r:

15 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Wow I wasn’t really expecting such a response to my flippant comment. It’s good to know the thread is being enjoyed 😊

It would appear that the non Westfield builds are just as popular on this forum and as mine has proved they don’t even need to be cars. 

As every Gary, Top work :yes:

4 hours ago, Stu Faulkner said:

It would appear that the non Westfield builds are just as popular on this forum and as mine has proved they don’t even need to be cars. 

As every Gary, Top work :yes:

Totally agree with you there :t-up:

i guess the difficulty with the non-westfield threads is that for many members its a subject they don't know about and whist they find it very interesting to read its difficult for them to comment on.

After the radiator alterations and revised mounting location/angle, the position of the bottom hose had changed so I needed a different angle of bend.

This bend arrived today, so I have now fitted the coolant tank and refitted the cooling system.

This meant I could restart the car and bleed the system. This is good news as now I can manoeuvre the car around under its own power.

FCB2B948-09FA-496B-8B2C-E522E83FE898.thumb.jpeg.9f1c2a4f3b5d5ef358a5bafabeb29ea6.jpeg

D0B7B3EA-BC47-419F-9CA4-6E603FB5E9BE.thumb.jpeg.3201ae8d68f8eeb16c3ab9326050b7be.jpeg

The the tank is not the highest point on the system but this doesn’t matter as I have a bleed off point at the highest point in the top hose.

It’s starting to get a bit busy under that bonnet. 

All good reading.. Thanks keep it coming 

:yes:

20 minutes ago, Stu Faulkner said:

It’s starting to get a bit busy under that bonnet. 

Things still need tidying up a bit

A while back in this thread you mentioned about not getting many responses to your posts ... as you know from the Cobra forum I'm soon to be a proud owner of my very own and one of the reasons was this build diary.

Can't wait to see this beast when it's finished!

Over the weekend I slowly and carefully opened up the bodywork to expose the fuel tank filler neck

068550AF-6DCF-4E34-A6DE-D588E25FF77B.thumb.jpeg.2acb5c8e936c84eba83df11fe17baa66.jpeg

A nice photo for IVA showing the fuel tank earth strap connection

8C094930-33F1-43B5-A2F1-5B34EF7B1C47.thumb.jpeg.e64cc89e3a85b0b1cb14926a936800c2.jpeg

This gives me another problem to overcome, the fuel cap neck won’t sit flush on the body as it is clashing with the tank neck, so it will need reducing to allow it to sit down nicely

0A41BC03-C5C9-49B2-9888-D84FD3DB15E7.thumb.jpeg.fd3c771d86a81e0784df3e95562f9aba.jpeg

Whilst making holes in the bodywork, the next step is to try and sort out the lack of symmetry at the rear end around the wheel arches that I discovered when originally positioning the body.

Time to learn some new skills 😱

B66EF65F-EF60-4966-A769-B981AD6E8615.thumb.jpeg.036a4232d63e236227fbfd4bb7c9f909.jpeg

1340D76B-9261-4D6B-8B59-55E293A68FA7.thumb.jpeg.4f31bc4914e91bcd120e04534095091e.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.