Cobra 427 Build

KugaWestie

I have also sorted out a position for my coolant tank, just need to knock up a little plate to connnect the side bracket on the tank to the central rad strap bolt.

8FB6F42E-14F1-4204-827A-6B0E21A19C14.thumb.jpeg.59a49ca11385c63c17b57d9eee362519.jpeg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

Good progress Gary, always happy to read an update on this! Can't wait to see it done :yes:

2 hours ago, BCF said:

Good progress Gary, always happy to read an update on this! Can't wait to see it done :yes:

Thanks Barny

I often wonder whether it is worth updating the thread as there is not much interaction on it 😏

1 minute ago, KugaWestie said:

Thanks Barny

I often wonder whether it is worth updating the thread as there is not much interaction on it 😏

Definitly keep the updates coming Gary. I always look forward to seeing your progress. Although just seeing all that grp dust makes me itch :d

Keep it up Face, I’m enjoying it. :t-up:

1 hour ago, KugaWestie said:

Thanks Barny

Me too with my build - but there seem to be folk who follow it (yourself included) and there isn't always anything to add, other than whacking the 'like' button. A lot of what we are up to probably doesn't warrant comment....or, people are too polite ;)

I'm updating my build on 3 sites at the moment, and this one seems to generate the most views/interest/comments. The specific site for the car doesn't have all that much traffic and the other site I'm using is for a car that tends to attract a different demographic, so again, not much by way of comment as most of what I'm doing is simply of no interest to most of them. Funny enough, I hadn't updated that particular thread in 5 months until I did a quick refresh on it last night. One comment so far out of 38 views. I may as well carry on now - its almost finished after all......(yeah, right!)

At times it does feel like howling at the moon. At others, kind of embarrassing to think I'm actually publicly displaying what I get up to in the privacy of my shed....

Keep it coming mate. :yes:

Both your build threads are fascinating, really enjoying keeping up with them, when I get the time to visit the forum.

The “problem” I suspect, is that you’re both at a level, where unless you’ve got a specific issue,  it’s difficult to add too much, the way you would with a novice builder, as you’re already passed that stage and amongst the more experienced of us.

2 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Thanks Barny

We are watching!

4 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Both your build threads are fascinating, really enjoying keeping up with them, when I get the time to visit the forum.

The “problem” I suspect, is that you’re both at a level, where unless you’ve got a specific issue,  it’s difficult to add too much, the way you would with a novice builder, as you’re already passed that stage and amongst the more experienced of us.

I’m in agreement with Dave   Very little to add but thoroughly enjoying both threads. This is building at another level. 

6 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Keep it up Face, I’m enjoying it. :t-up:

:d keep watching Scott, it's not long now before he starts adding all the chrome bits :cool: 

8 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Thanks Barny

Well everyone else has jumped in to pander to your ego now so nothing left for me to say! 🤣  I feel the same about my thread in stuff & nonsense though, does feel a bit like talking to yourself!! 

I would check the 'likes' on your posts and the number of views, that'll tell you it's a well liked thread. Keep it coming chap :yes: 

I really enjoy your updates and what you are doing too.

I don’t comment because I don’t always understand but that doesn’t stop me enjoying it all the same.

Please keep the updates coming Gary. As Dave said, your skills and ingenuity are above my level of ability, meaning mostly all I can do is admire from afar!

Wow I wasn’t really expecting such a response to my flippant comment. It’s good to know the thread is being enjoyed 😊

I made up a very simple bracket and sprayed it which will be used to secure the coolant tank

08E10411-1259-43DE-9FA1-582A539E6058.thumb.jpeg.8c94d535a024d1bd1a9cc7a518682a7f.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.