Cobra 427 Build

KugaWestie

Is a smaller bore slave another option, or am I missing something? Can't quite get my head around effect on the pedal feel though this time of night!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• corsechris

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

50 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Is a smaller bore slave another option, or am I missing something? Can't quite get my head around effect on the pedal feel though this time of night!

Yes it would be, can you find one though? LT77 gearbox. Off you trot to find me one :d

5 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

Yes it would be, can you find one though? LT77 gearbox. Off you trot to find me one :d

There’s so much pain in that one short sentence! 

23 minutes ago, KugaWestie said:

Hens teeth I'm guessing!  Quick Google and Everything I've found is 7/8" bore (if it's quoted at all). Guess you've been there!

Best of luck with sorting a suitable master cylinder. I'll be quiet ;)

5 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

Hens teeth I'm guessing!  Quick Google and Everything I've found is 7/8" bore (if it's quoted at all). Guess you've been there!

Best of luck with sorting a suitable master cylinder. I'll be quiet ;)

Yep, they are all 7/8 or 0.875 bore

I picked up a new bigger bore 0.75" master cylinder at Stoneleigh on Sunday as well as some other bits for the build.

Originally I had planned on camping Sunday evening but decided to come home as we had seen everything we wanted to see, and I wanted to try and resolve the clutch problem.

A couple of hours yesterday when I got home got me some progress, with the old master cylinder removed and the new one fitted. Fiddly job with lots of stuff in the way now!

Today I refitted the gearbox, clutch slave and pipework and the starter motor. Before continuing reassembly it was time to test the operation of the clutch pedal. I had butterflies at this point!!

So I sat in the car and tried to rotate the gearbox outlet shaft whilst in gear with the clutch pedal untouched, and it was solid as expected. A deep breath and I depressed the clutch pedal. It felt stiffer than it had been which was a good start. I tried again to rotate the gearbox outlet shaft, and to my relief it turned, meaning the clutch had disengaged.

With a happy face I continued reassembly with the prop shaft. I then had a good check over all areas I had worked on to make sure nothing had been missed.

I reconnected the battery and started the engine whilst the car was still up on axle stands. And this is the result.

That's a relief!!

Great news. I can see why you left early to to put an end to the issue.

Absolutely, I’ve had to do similar this year, couldn’t loose the whole weekends worth or working on the car. It’s worse still when you’ve an issue niggling on your mind. Well done for getting it sorted.

Glad you've sorted your clutch Gary. Must be a relief, we'll done.

I spent a little time this week chasing a coolant leak that only appeared after the engine had run and then cooled. No leak when it was running. All sorted now though.

So I fitted the air filter properly

IMG_4039.thumb.JPG.c7b293cd56d0822f121383cd646ffc45.JPG

IMG_4038.thumb.JPG.a99e0ee16b9a9b2cf79a55f970dcc367.JPG

I got the jack out and removed the axle stands and then dropped the car onto the skates

IMG_4041.thumb.JPG.c06f564dbc923ca7f1452213262b2148.JPG

With a bit of luck I will be going to collect the bodywork tomorrow

Exciting times Gary!!

27 minutes ago, BCF said:

Exciting times Gary!!

Some challenging times ahead more like!

Looking lovely Gary!

Expensive times too buying all the chrome bits 🤢

I went and collected the bodywork this morning.

IMG_4044.thumb.JPG.c461f07b2bcb833068832c479a07a97d.JPG

IMG_4045.thumb.JPG.df39b0524424bd634ebc086432af3899.JPG

IMG_4043.thumb.JPG.7ef2e80cf16a40a9f5552a5769d4fb3d.JPG

I gave all the loose/smaller parts a good clean

IMG_4050.thumb.JPG.01238279044a91f14e33f2d34b8b9e89.JPG

The main body is now suspended above the chassis

IMG_4046.thumb.JPG.2bb0ef498c3370bbe8922763a0b3a9ca.JPG

Fibreglass supplies are ordered and due to arrive next week. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.