New member in Derbyshire

mr_tone

Hello everyone,

Thought I’d start here. Recently bought myself a Westfield after having my eye on a kit cars for over 15 years. My intention is to get over to the Peak District meet soon to meet some of you in person. Still loads to learn so I’m sure I’ll be on here quite a bit and will be like a sponge when I’m with other owners. 

Name’s Tony, 36, and live close to Alfreton, Derbyshire if there’s anyone near by?

My baby:
F7CC3CA7-89E9-4032-A274-2F0ED80EC184.thumb.jpeg.f957de6105b1d3db1dbb28e57808fec0.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice looking Westfield! Welcome, be great to see you at one of the meets.

• Like 1

Welcome Tony- there's runs on in the Peaks most weekends- keep an eye on local events. You've just missed a good run out- Peak run

Hope to see you soon.

• Like 1

Welcome Tony looks a very nice westfield mate I'm from inkersall in chesterfield so not too far away 

I don't know every thing about westies but if I can help I will:white-westy:

• Like 1

Welcome. Nice looking car. I am near Chesterfield. You are well placed for both the Peak District and Derby meets (Shardlow). We do seem to have a fairly large number of owners in this area so lots of people to talk to 👍

Luke.

• Like 1

Hi Tony, welcome and love the car!

You are actually in one of the most active areas in the club!

@Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative and @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AOdo an amazing job with the Peaks area and organise a meet most weekends, with owners converging from all over (Birmingham, Manchester, Stoke, Derby, Nottingham).

I've recently taken over as Derby/Notts area organiser and we have loads of people in your area. If there's not a Peaks run on, we will often meet at places like Curborough or the monthly pub meet at Shardlow. There's quite a few of us going to the Newark kit car show next weekend too 👍

Look forward to meeting you 

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

The car is from Toybox who have just been fantastic at helping me adjust to the new car and with a couple of niggles I had. 

I’m thinking of possibly attending the Newark show as I’ve never been and it looks great. 

Will more than likely see some of you at the next peaks run for sure

Tony

• Like 2

Welcome to the Westfield Scone and Cake Club!! Great bunch of people. All said above so will not repeat. Enjoy your car and see you in the Peaks soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome Tony, we will be at Newark on Sunday and will love to see you in the Peak District soon too.

We are at Walton in Chesterfield, so less than half hour away although we normally meet at McDonalds in Matlock at 10 am most Sunday's.

@AndrewBClarke @Big Andy you asked me to let you know which day we are going to Newark, well the dentist has just changed Glen's appointment to Saturday, so it has to be Sunday.

• Like 2