Peak District Run, Sun 19 June 10am Bikerpics Added!

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

I didn't post because it's not that good. Here it is anyway.

IMG_20220619_104826.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aeg said:

Told you someone with some brains would come along !!!!!!!!! @Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club SecretaryIt’s because it’s more his era 😜 us young bucks just guess 😳 but it wasn’t that far out . 

No, it’s because I ran the number plate and did a search - I thought you young bucks were supposed to be clever?  Then again, most times age and guile beats youth and a bad haircut.  (Also, see my sig 😝)

• Haha 1

I have asked our resident Jag Man, Mr Ron Siddle, and he agrees that it was registered in 1955 as a Jaguar Unknown regarding the number plate. IF it is a replica XK140 as the black bright work suggests then the value will be c£30k, otherwise customising a real XK140 would reduce the value to less than £100k, say £60-£80k.

Clear as mud then, let's hope we get to see it again one Sunday morning and we can ask the driver all about it. I like enigma's, very interesting and most importantly, a lovely looking car to see.

• Like 1

It could be a restomod by Thornley Kelham though, in which case it may be more like £550K+. An interesting car either way, and I would gladly have one if it was going spare 😄

A few of us had a look round the Jaaaaggg and we're not convinced it was an original.

It had modern seats, big 4 pot calipers and discs up front and seemed to have IVA trim round some of the chrome (radiator grille etc).

Either way, a beautiful car 👍

If it was my £100k car, I would probably have a serious conversation with myself before parking it in McDonalds? 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

If it was my £100k car, I would probably have a serious conversation with myself before parking it in McDonalds? 🤔

I was thinking the same but, then again, we all have particular tastes 😄

• Like 1

Chris followed us home through Matlock Bath where we drove past both bikerpics.com and roadrunnerpics.com. Here are the roadrunner pics, I am still waiting for the bikerpics

Us

DSC09155.JPG

Chris @Chris Emm

DSC09156.JPG

• Like 4

Tony, Alex and I got papped too. I must say, I'm far better looking with my helmet on 😂

Screenshot_20220622-140452_Chrome.jpg.6e082f1cb6eb269ef2ea84ae73bd3d27.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-140418_Chrome.jpg.90f58087451a55bb6f99ad3d8bb38ecb.jpg

Screenshot_20220622-140355_Chrome.jpg.7b2bd7a910e08f1d4c943888dfe99ae8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh look !!!!! Another Honda powered car that the number plate has fell off 🤣 only in the Peak District 🙄

• Haha 4

• Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative changed the title to Peak District Run, Sun 19 June 10am Bikerpics Added!

Hi Julie 

Could you send me the link for the website for my photo please.

I've looked on their website for the last three days and can't see it.

• Haha 1

The Yorkshireman in me wouldn't normally dream of spending money on a photo when I already do it as a hobby, but I caved in. Definitely needs more carbon....

Bikerpics-217945.jpg

• Like 4