Westfield Administration, help for members.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

22 minutes ago, Meel said:

They gave me the option to pick it up at a later date so I didn't have to store it while I built the chassis up. In hindsight perhaps it was a bit naïve, but I didn't consider they would go bust!

I did the same as you and collected my body at a later date. In part in was due to me buying a cancelled order from the shop floor which was originally destined for a magazine build but the benefit was I wouldn’t have to store it for months on end. It was 14 years ago now I built my SDV, I’d hate to be in the position that you are now.

I never bought the completion package from Westfield as I always planned to change a few things for my build. Instead I bought a few parts such as the seats and interior from Westfield but the rest was bought from other sources.  It cost me a bit more to do it this way but it also enabled me to spread the cost rather than having a big up front bill.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

I did the same as you and collected my body at a later date. In part in was due to me buying a cancelled order from the shop floor which was originally destined for a magazine build but the benefit was I wouldn’t have to store it for months on end. It was 14 years ago now I built my SDV, I’d hate to be in the position that you are now.

I never bought the completion package from Westfield as I always planned to change a few things for my build. Instead I bought a few parts such as the seats and interior from Westfield but the rest was bought from other sources.  It cost me a bit more to do it this way but it also enabled me to spread the cost rather than having a big up front bill.

I'm trying to look at it in some kind of positive light, now i'll be able to choose which parts i want exactly and maybe save a little here and there. Maybe i'll just have an aero screen and then i won't need anything to do with the windscreen etc.

Luckily for me people such as your good self have lots of knowledge and it means i can hopefully still complete the car. I say complete, i haven't started. I didn't want to destroy the Mx5 until i had some hope of completing it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Meel said:

Luckily for me people such as your good self have lots of knowledge and it means i can hopefully still complete the car. I say complete, i haven't started. I didn't want to destroy the Mx5 until i had some hope of completing it.

I’m always more than happy to help having been there and made most of the mistakes 😀

there’s a great community of SDV owners on this forum so when you’re ready to make a start I can recommend starting a build thread as that way you’ll get lots of tips along the way.

• Like 1

I didn't buy the completion package either and sourced most from elsewhere as I wasn't too keen on the complete SDV design. I reckon you should still be able to build from what you have plus what is easily available elsewhere. It is such a shame you couldn't get the bodywork, but the build will be worth it

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Meel said:

Maybe i'll just have an aero screen and then i won't need anything to do with the windscreen etc.

You can get it through the IVA without any screen at all. Then source your preferred choice of screen as and when one happens to appear for sale. 

Mine was the other SDV (sierra) and I just used the most basic starter kit and sourced the rest myself. 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2022 at 16:01, Mark Gibson said:

The Omex number is no longer valid and I can not find an alternative number for them so I have emailed them as I need the ECU and loom kit for my FW SE kit. I will post an update when I hear back from them

M.

Hi guys. An update on the Omex ECU/loom kit. Omex have come back to me via email with information. Overnight they put the price of the ECU up 20% and the loom up 25%. So with the extra connections and sensors required it comes to a total of £1251 Inc vat plus postage. I'm not going to comment on that considering we had already paid Westfield for it. But on the good side Liam at Tornado Systems has been very helpful and is trying to negotiate a better deal on it as they are an Omex dealer and were surprised at the price hike. Again, I will keep you posted.

M.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 02/07/2022 at 20:48, DavidMiller said:

I didn't buy the completion package either and sourced most from elsewhere as I wasn't too keen on the complete SDV design. I reckon you should still be able to build from what you have plus what is easily available elsewhere. It is such a shame you couldn't get the bodywork, but the build will be worth it

I don't suppose you kept a list of what you bought and from where did you?

2 hours ago, Mark Gibson said:

An update on the Omex ECU/loom kit. Omex have come back to me via email with information. Overnight they put the price of the ECU up 20% and the loom up 25%.

Im not going to say correlation = causation, but that’s not a great way to get a company a good reputation.

• Sad 1

Just casually browsing Ebay and noticed this seller, selling a few Westfield items.  Location seems to suggest they either worked for, or supplied to the factory.

Note, have no personal experience with him, so treat with caution please

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

Just casually browsing Ebay and noticed this seller, selling a few Westfield items.  Location seems to suggest they either worked for, or supplied to the factory.

Note, have no personal experience with him, so treat with caution please

Former employees 

7D138D1F-F1A7-4FE8-9EEE-AF904C746198.png

On 05/07/2022 at 09:12, Meel said:

I don't suppose you kept a list of what you bought and from where did you?

I have a large disorganised folder of receipts! From memory mostly from Car Builder Solutions and Kit Car Direct, but also Demon Tweeks and a bit from sellers on ebay. MX5 specific stuff from MX5 parts and BOFI. A lot of the more basic parts I fabricated, e.g. brackets, interior panels, dash, but also fabricated the exhaust manifold once I had learned to weld.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I need to source a replacement 7/16 UNF x 200mm stud for my Mazda SDV - Rear Lower Upright. The one with the double ended thread.

Does anyone know where to source one? or were they made by Westfield specifically for the SDV kit?

• 2 weeks later...

Should be able to get studding from any decent nut and bolt supplier.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 11:38, DanM said:

I need to source a replacement 7/16 UNF x 200mm stud for my Mazda SDV

I am able to source the stud and a bunch of other Westfield items from Jason and Chris at A&DB Autoparts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanM said:

I am able to source the stud and a bunch of other Westfield items from Jason and Chris at A&DB Autoparts

Available and contactable via Mofast and their on-line shop.

• Like 1