Westfield Administration, help for members.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Hi does anybody know who the supplier/ maker is/was for the body wiring looms at all please?  Thanks to anyone that can help.

The discount offer from Go Race is now up, here:

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/148330-a-special-members-only-deal-for-quick-release-steering-columns-from-go-race/

This is the Club's turn to try and help out some of the smaller manufacturers caught holding stock of Westfield specific parts, and at the same time, bring a good discount to our own members, especially those hurting from the recent events.

We will make case by case exceptions to try and help any of the smaller businesses in a similar position, waiving the normal Traders status requirements for them so they can run one off deals that also help our members. - we'd rather this saving were passed on the the Club members buying the stock up.

If any other manufacturers/suppliers are in similar positions, with bespoke stock not paid for by, or dispatched to, WSC Ltd then and you want to see if we can help,  please contact either myself or the Club Secretary.

Thank you

chairman@wscc.co.uk or secretary@wscc.co.uk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If it is any help to others.    I got the "standard" Westfield Zetec starter motor RAC 483 repaired by the following guys.

Eurolec Components Ltd.

C/o Powerlite Units

Units 2-4 Northmoor Industrial Park

Moor Street

Brierley Hill

West Midlands

DY5 3SU

sales@powerlite-units.com

01384 261984

They also sell brand new ones as they were the OEM supplier.

I also got the OMEX ECU repaired by the manufacturer OMEX , again they were an OEM supplier and they can also supply the throttle bodies.  This was in Feb 2022, I think they were bought out in May 2022, so proceed with caution.

Omex Technology Systems Ltd
3 Mackenzie Way
Manor Road
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire GL51 9TX
United Kingdom

Tel:  +44 (0) 1242 260656

www.omextechnology.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/06/2022 at 17:50, Two7 said:

If it is any help to others.    I got the "standard" Westfield Zetec starter motor RAC 483 repaired by the following guys.

Eurolec Components Ltd.

C/o Powerlite Units

Units 2-4 Northmoor Industrial Park

Moor Street

Brierley Hill

West Midlands

DY5 3SU

sales@powerlite-units.com

01384 261984

They also sell brand new ones as they were the OEM supplier.

I also got the OMEX ECU repaired by the manufacturer OMEX , again they were an OEM supplier and they can also supply the throttle bodies.  This was in Feb 2022, I think they were bought out in May 2022, so proceed with caution.

Omex Technology Systems Ltd
3 Mackenzie Way
Manor Road
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire GL51 9TX
United Kingdom

Tel:  +44 (0) 1242 260656

www.omextechnology.com

The Omex number is no longer valid and I can not find an alternative number for them so I have emailed them as I need the ECU and loom kit for my FW SE kit. I will post an update when I hear back from them

M.

• Sad 1

Does anyone know how hard it would be to try and finish an SDV build now?

I need the second kit which has a whole load of stuff in it, and i'd now need to source every piece elsewhere. I'm up for trying, but I don't want to waste a load of money if lots of the pieces were bespoke and i'd need to get them made and it just won't be possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meel said:

Does anyone know how hard it would be to try and finish an SDV build now?

I need the second kit which has a whole load of stuff in it, and i'd now need to source every piece elsewhere. I'm up for trying, but I don't want to waste a load of money if lots of the pieces were bespoke and i'd need to get them made and it just won't be possible.

Mazda or Sierra SDV? 

1 hour ago, Meel said:

the second kit

What’s in that?

Is the business still trading? Generally that is the point of administration rather than liquidation, if the hope is that the business can be sold as a going concern. If it is still trading, then it would be open to someone part way through a modular build to see if the parts which are needed are in stock and if so to purchase them from the administrators. Of course, anyone doing this would want to insist that it was on the basis of cash on collection.

1 hour ago, Kingster said:

What’s in that?

If it’s a Mazda SDV then this:

0C1EFEAC-D9DA-44EA-90F4-781459528D55.png.25309f58a3eaf1b61afb8f24024ee43f.png

Biggest issue I guess would be the body from the module 1 kit which Meel says has been paid for, but worst case there are alternative suppliers making complete fibreglass bodies and also carbon panels.

The majority of the parts in the second module are readily available elsewhere. See my thread here.

This is an amazing resource, thanks for making it!

It is indeed a Mazda SDV build, bodywork paid for but I doubt I'll ever see it now so i'll have to buy it again elsewhere I imagine.

I'll take a look through that massive parts list and start compiling myself a list of what i'll need.

9 minutes ago, Meel said:

This is an amazing resource, thanks for making it!

It is indeed a Mazda SDV build, bodywork paid for but I doubt I'll ever see it now so i'll have to buy it again elsewhere I imagine.

I'll take a look through that massive parts list and start compiling myself a list of what i'll need.

Call me crackers if you like, but what about selling all you have on here to other possible owners in your situation ( you may have parts they don't) and then buy one again from here already built. Or is that not the point of wanting one?.

1 hour ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Call me crackers if you like, but what about selling all you have on here to other possible owners in your situation ( you may have parts they don't) and then buy one again from here already built. Or is that not the point of wanting one?.

I'd certainly consider it, but the I don't imagine there'd be much demand for the starter kit without the bodywork. They'd just be in the same situation as i'm in now. 

2 minutes ago, Meel said:

I'd certainly consider it, but the I don't imagine there'd be much demand for the starter kit without the bodywork. They'd just be in the same situation as i'm in now. 

I have never built one from scratch, but is not getting the bodywork at the same time as the starter kit normal, I had imagined the lot arrived all at once and away you went. That's not the case obviously , I wonder if your order was the start of what was to happen with them?.

3 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

I have never built one from scratch, but is not getting the bodywork at the same time as the starter kit normal, I had imagined the lot arrived all at once and away you went. That's not the case obviously , I wonder if your order was the start of what was to happen with them?.

They gave me the option to pick it up at a later date so I didn't have to store it while I built the chassis up. In hindsight perhaps it was a bit naïve, but I didn't consider they would go bust!

Just now, Meel said:

They gave me the option to pick it up at a later date so I didn't have to store it while I built the chassis up. In hindsight perhaps it was a bit naïve, but I didn't consider they would go bust!

Ah fair enough, but how were you to know as you say. Our cars get damaged all the time, especially track and trackday cars, even full chassis's, so it may take you a while to shift the parts but I reckon it's possible.