Westfield Administration, help for members.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Their website is now live- westfield-sportscars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Slight typo on how many chunks the 'Final Edition' SDV will be broken into...

image.png.409bdc3a4012e20549b74a153bd665cf.png

I do hope that they make it work and they manage to justify the Final Edition Zetec pricing by getting the quality of the components, the kitting and the documentation to the level that justifies it. I am sure all of us who have built recently would have loved to have missed out on some experiences we wished we had never had!!

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 19:08, MikeJG said:

I do hope that they make it work and they manage to justify the Final Edition Zetec pricing by getting the quality of the components, the kitting and the documentation to the level that justifies it. I am sure all of us who have built recently would have loved to have missed out on some experiences we wished we had never had!!

Funny you should mention that, as I’ve just seen pricing on the website; the FE Zetec kit comes in at £33.5k (£35k if bought in stages)??  By the time you’ve added on most of the upgrades (about £7.5k), you’re looking at a £40k+ vehicle!  Then there’s always the option to have it built at the factory for an additional £6.5k….  At £47k, I wonder how many kits they’re likely to sell….  Or have I misunderstood the pricing?  Does anyone know how much the kits were previously?  I seem to recall paying about £9-10k for my kit about 2.5yrs ago, which excluded engine, drivetrain and ECU/fuelling.

I appreciate that most things in life have gone up in cost over the past couple of years, but I’m not really sure how this will stand them in the market against the likes of 7-esque suppliers?  MK starter SDV kits are about £10k plus cost of donor vehicle (Westfield looking at £18k Mazda SDV kit), and even the C*terham 170 (entry level model) complete from the factory is only about £30k OTR from memory.

Think I expressed my thoughts in a previous post that I *really* want Westfield and the brand to return and be successful (as I’m sure most of the club do too), but their pricing seems to suggest they’re targeting a different market now than before.  I hope the parts department doesn’t get too greedy with their pricing as well, especially now that people have been directed towards suitable alternative suppliers in the interim of the company operating.  Whilst I’d like to support the business, with the current economic climate people are no doubt watching the pennies and tightening purse strings!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I was hoping to build a new kit but not now unfortunately. The price is way higher than I expected it to be.i am waiting for the parts website to open but it keeps getting delayed.

I think many questions will be answered on 13 May at the factory open day, including pricing, quality improvements, specifications, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The XI kit now starts at £24k too, which will definitely put some folk off. I know I wouldn't have been able to afford my build at the that price.

And it only lists green too! Scandalous!!

44 minutes ago, DIY-Si said:

The XI kit now starts at £24k too, which will definitely put some folk off. I know I wouldn't have been able to afford my build at the that price.

And it only lists green too! Scandalous!!

That would have certainly put me off , I have looked at the prices for XI parts in the shop and some have gone up but some have gone down , but some prices doubled on Kingswinford parts in the last couple of years . 

Green is the only proper colour for an XI so that's not a problem for me.

I seem to remember XI owners making a myriad of very helpful comments and observations regarding improvements to design, build quality, build manual and components, which WC Ltd received enthusiastically (which definitely wasn’t the case over the lifespan of WSC Ltd).  If all of those have been implemented, and we all hope they have, there may well be a price to pay in future for those improvements.

Anyway, it’s impossible to judge based on website prices alone.  Looking forward to 13 May and seeing things in the flesh 😎👍

• Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 19:08, MikeJG said:

Had not spotted just how much more expensive they are. That figure looks more like the starting price for the EcoBoost version. It does look like some of what were options (that almost always were included) are now included which could justify some of the increase but there also look to be a couple elements that were always included but are now options.  

• Captain Colonial unpinned and locked this topic

As Westfield has been reborn, it’s time to move on and look forward, so this administration thread is now closed.

• Thanks 1