Twin Axle Trailer - NOW SORTED

Kingster

Now that I have an MX5 I'm looking to move up to a 4 wheel trailer as my current BJ MicroMax, while absolutely perfect for the Westy, is right on the weight limit with the MX5 on board.

So I need something with a bed width of at least 1.75m (wheels are 1.68m - so room is needed) but no wider overall than 2.20m (my garage is 2.24m wide at the door and can't be modified). Length is not such an issue but a 3.2 - 3.5m bed would be ideal.

A Brian James C4 126-2012 would be perfect and I think a Minno Max would just work too.

The PRG MiniSport is not wide enough on the bed and the PRG MiniSport XW is 2cm too wide overall! Not sure of others, but just though I'd mention it to rule them out.

I had a Minno Max and my MX-5 was tight (et25 offset PR 1.2s wheels). In fact I had a couple of chips off the powder coat.

Thanks Martin - I thought it might be tight. 

The car is a cheap track only munter - so as long as it fits, I’ll not be bothered about the odd mishap 😁

I think mine is a Minno rather than a Minno Max. If it wasn't lined up 100%, it wasn't going on! It would have been a bit easier if it was on the OEM 14s with 185 tyres, and the box wasn't in the way!

20210923_150822.jpg.2a986b3a90960ef2d0be50c1d7fa7ca8.jpg

20210923_152934.jpg.34cc886f9d8cf9498e9c45e0898aae4d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Must be a particularly exclusive club because I can't find it :d

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still looking for one of these

Brian James C4 126-2002

Brian James C4 126-2012

Brian James A4 125-2002

Brian James Minno Max 

Woodford WBT-020

Woodford LWT-050

PRG E-tech 68

Too narrow sadly. They (like many) are 165cm  bed width. Car no 2 is 165cm across the wheels so it’s just too “exact” to be practical really. 

Thanks though!

Spare set of wheels with very skinny tyres for loading onto trailer ? its how some single seaters are loaded !

14 hours ago, Smudge62 said:

Spare set of wheels with very skinny tyres for loading onto trailer ? its how some single seaters are loaded !

Yeah i guess a set of “space savers” would be fairly cheap 😁

44 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Yeah i guess a set of “space savers” would be fairly cheap 😁

They aren’t, I’ve been looking for skidz.

On 24/02/2022 at 20:50, Smudge62 said:

Could also be good fun if you forget to swap back before the first session...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.