Club Trackday Blyton Park Friday 8th July

Simon Waterfall Syman84

18 minutes ago, Smudge62 said:

Would more people be encouraged to attend if you used one layout in the morning and another in the afternoon especially as the sprint weekend used a different track each day.

we have done that before so potentally could be arranged, unfortunatly from a track day point the eastern track onlt has the start straight and the back straigh before bishops to overtake and things can get quite congested in the early part of the lap 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it been re-visited but last year the track day (only) attendees were made to feel a bit second class having to park along the edge of the paddock entry road. I heard a fair bit of grumbling about this and I'm not sure if that's put people off.

I think the standard parking lots should be available as they have been in years past.

With perhaps one concession, being those doing the sprint weekend who are planning and committed to be on site early afternoon having their allocated pitches reserved for them as long it's not too many. Or perhaps sprinters could pay to reserve their spot on the Friday other wise it should be view if you've paid to play on the Friday then the paddock is yours to make use of if you've not paid for Friday then you can wait when you arrive on Friday for the event you've paid for on the Saturday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhett Turner - Black Country AO said:

I'm not sure if it been re-visited but last year the track day (only) attendees were made to feel a bit second class having to park along the edge of the paddock entry road. I heard a fair bit of grumbling about this and I'm not sure if that's put people off.

I think the standard parking lots should be available as they have been in years past.

With perhaps one concession, being those doing the sprint weekend who are planning and committed to be on site early afternoon having their allocated pitches reserved for them as long it's not too many. Or perhaps sprinters could pay to reserve their spot on the Friday other wise it should be view if you've paid to play on the Friday then the paddock is yours to make use of if you've not paid for Friday then you can wait when you arrive on Friday for the event you've paid for on the Saturday. 

I also saw this last year.

@Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretarywe should make it clear in the final regs for the sprint event that unless a car is taking part in the trackday then as with many other events you wait at the gate untill that part of the day is done, @Rhett Turner - Black Country AOit has happened to me at large venues on trackdays so I know it is difficult. I will be there and will try and police this. 

• Like 2

I agree with the comments and will sort this out so that everyone is happy particularly the Trackway guys who are doing Friday.

• Thanks 1

I've contacted a few non-members, hoping to get some more onboard. I've three extra drivers coming so far (I know that's not a huge dent in the costs) who will pay on the day.

Can non-members access the Store to signup and pay?

As for publicising, I see the sprints are in a rather garish red and white predominant on wscc.co.uk home page but nothing about the track day...?

On the design note, can we make it club and brand colours and not red and white...?

@Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster; happy to help if I still have access. Plus the domain has lost its SSL connection (for me anyway).

Just a question which I don't want to ask, but if we don't get the numbers will this Track Day get cancelled?  and also the sprint weekend??

Or as a club are we tied in to run both or just the sprint??

I have put the word out to a few friends, but being so far south, its not easy 🙄

Now booked. Happy to help out on the sprint too if you need more helpers 

• Like 3

On 27/05/2022 at 14:05, Tom Frankland (T3OMF) said:

Just a question which I don't want to ask, but if we don't get the numbers will this Track Day get cancelled?  and also the sprint weekend??

Or as a club are we tied in to run both or just the sprint??

I have put the word out to a few friends, but being so far south, its not easy 🙄

We are commited to the event Tom it will go ahead 

• Like 2

Further to the update directly to Tom above 

We are now reducing the financial risk to the club by making this event a low numbers day. Blyton have several levels of day and we originally, due to past successes had a full day booked with a maximum of 50 cars

we will now have a maximum of 24 cars for the Track Day, this is great for the people attending as loads of track time. 

This means that we now have only 7 places left for the day due to the low take up. please if you are thinking of attending get booked up. 

Thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

Further to the update directly to Tom above 

We are now reducing the financial risk to the club by making this event a low numbers day. Blyton have several levels of day and we originally, due to past successes had a full day booked with a maximum of 50 cars

we will now have a maximum of 24 cars for the Track Day, this is great for the people attending as loads of track time. 

This means that we now have only 7 places left for the day due to the low take up. please if you are thinking of attending get booked up. 

Thanks 

Thanks for the update Simon, looking forward to catching up again mate 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Frankland (T3OMF) said:

Thanks for the update Simon, looking forward to catching up again mate 👍

catching up, then passing him? 😄 

Brilliant Andy!

Roll up, roll up! Anymore?

• Like 1

What time do we have to be there by on Friday? Of what time can we get there between on the Thursday?