WSCC Trackdays...

stever

4 corners.......Gerrards, The Esses (all right, it's a chicane, so 2 changes of direction.....), The Hairpin, and Devils Elbow.......

Don't underestimate Mallory though. Gerrards is not easy, and needs balls to be fast on the exit.

In fact, all 4 corners need balls to be *properly* quick......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mike dB

• Bananaman

• gregh

More likely to make Mallory.

How do people rate it as a track? I had a look in my circuit guide, and from memory aren't there only about 6 corners?

Andy

track reviews

Good site Andy, thanks for that.

Seem to be mixed responses, although a lot of the people that didn't like it appeared to be tintop drivers.

Andy

Chaps, I found this the other day which has a damn fine Circuit info section...

http://www.visitmotorsportvalley.com/search.cfm

When you say expensive how much you talking about? The Lotus Club Im a member of (paid money and all that ;) ) have ran days at Brands, Bedford and Elvington, they also run their own BMW Saloon Series..

As was said previously Noise would be an issue for most tracks, even Motorsportevents have limitations (received a junk mail regarding 2 upcoming cheap events, Hullavington and Llandow with 100dba restrictions) Goodwood is a great cct but limited on noise unless a 20 car day which goes up to 105dba (Id still have probs with that) Castle Combe is excellent but again 100dba and are strict on driveby (I got kicked off with the elise as it blew some stuffing out of the zorst) Thruxton told me they dont hire the track out for Trackdays any more.. so I guess youre left with Airfields or Brands.. I did Brands a couple of weeks back with my NOISY car and didnt have a problem, now your cars would have to be seriously loud to be louder than my R1 with 4-1 and Race CAN (e.g. next to no silencer) and the induction noise out of the top is just as loud... 12000rpm along the pit straight is something else ;)

Does the Club organise events themselves or do you tie in with an organiser, the reason I ask is that the Lotus Club ties in with EasyTrack who org the events as they have the contacts, so ultimately if you come up short with numbers they can offer the spare places to their other regulars...

• 2 weeks later...
Croft, Cadwell Park and full circuit Oulton Park.

To complete my list of "local" circuits, all you need to do is add Donington (sp?) and you've got a conspiracy to empty my entire bank balance. :)

I'm already daydreaming about the journey to and from Oulton over the peaks  :xmas:

FWIW...join the club, the mags are worth it alone (not to mention the stupendous 2004 calendar)

:t-up: