• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Matt Seabrook

• timd

• adam1330

Great stuff, thanks for that.

I imagine whatever the mod is, it'll be beyond me, but it might give someone who knows what they're doing a better idea as to how to do the job for me!

Andy

Adam, that's a very nice looking job you've done there....

Will you do mine? :(

Andy

Thats very much like my job ;)

Ok, so if Adam won't do mine, will you? :D

Andy

I had a little different approach but more or less the same result.

Desperately fighting upgrade-itis!

Dont fight it mate ;)

Don't know if I am keen to do another!!!:D Took me a few weeks, working on Sundays, but I wouldn't say it was hard, just fiddly and time consuming. A Dremel or something similar is a must.

Dont fight it mate ;)

I have to...got a wedding coming up, so all expenses must be justified to SWMBO :)

Andy

Dont fight it mate ;)

I have to...got a wedding coming up, so all expenses must be justified to SWMBO :)

Andy

Pah !!

Seek forgiveness, not permission !!!

And if she moans about a few quid on the car, casually ask how much the dress, flowers, shoes, reception, honeymoon, etc., etc., etc. all cost.  And when she says "but they're for our wedding and it's a special day" you can point out that it seems silly spending a lot of money on such things which you'll only enjoy for one day whereas expenditure on the car will offer much better value for money.

NOTE - this argument does not work if their expenditure is related to a kitchen - all that happens there is that you end up with a more expensive kitchen than you'd bargained for....

/voice of experience...

:)

Well, it's kind of me that's holding back too...I don't use the car on track enough to justify spending lots on making it better for the track (IYSWIM). So I'll do things in stages.

Gonna sort out the roll bar first I think, then got my gearbox gremlins to resolve.

Then I might get an LSD, or perhaps a water rail / baffled sump, depending on how I feel...

Taking things slow though :)

Andy

Here you go. Photos taken today.

ns_from_rear.jpg

ns_front.jpg

os+boot_lid.jpg

os_view.jpg

I did not cut a u shape in the boot lid as I thought that the bit left on the outside may be a bit vulnerable to braking off. I not saying it would just thought it might. ;)

Looks nice and neat around where the crossbrace is, I didn't think of putting back the bit I cut out back.
I did not cut a u shape in the boot lid as I thought that the bit left on the outside may be a bit vulnerable to braking off. I not saying it would just thought it might.  
Actually the thin bits are quite strong. The reason I did it this way is so that I could still carry the hood frame and access it. I know it doesn't swing into place with the RAC bar, but it can be fixed into place either up or down.

Actually the thin bits are quite strong. The reason I did it this way is so that I could still carry the hood frame and access it. I know it doesn't swing into place with the RAC bar, but it can be fixed into place either up or down.

Yes if I was going to do it again I think a may just do it like you did as after I had cut it I realised how strong it was. Still I think both yours and mine look pretty dam good.  ;)  :t-up: