Buying a RAC Spec Roll Bar

markhall

Where can I get hold of a RAC roll bar from, other than Westfield.  Tried Cat Motorsport and Plays-kool but a no-go on both.  Is there anywhere else?

Cheers.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Matt Seabrook

• timd

• adam1330

Depends where you live! Seeing as you tried Cat and PK, I assume you are in the north (anywhere above the M4 to me.......)

I got mine form Bintcliffe Motorsport in Boroughbridge near Ripon, N Yorks.  Made to measure (incl me with helmet sat in car), and not too bad on price.  Superb job, the bloke who did it used to work for Reynards.

01423-326777 or

Bintcliffe

Get the Westfield one. They're good value, and well made. Get one with removable struts.......

What's the advantage of removable over welded then... I understood the welded to be stonger?

ease of fitment.  if you go for the solid then you are probably going to have to lose the boot box.  with the removable stays its possible to cut out holes big enough in the boot box.

You can, but if you want to get the boot box out for access to the diff/fuel pump/tank/rear suspension/shocks etc, you have to take the roll bar off first. With removable struts, it's a 5 minute job to remove just the rear stays......

but removing the roll bar involves getting access underneath the roll bar.  i wouldnt fancy trying to do that with the boot box in place, it *may* be possible, the wheels would have to come off and it would be a huge feck on.

Paul @ Playscool does has very nice solution for RAC bars that still want to have a boot box space.

I think Mutleyboys car was having one fitted the last time I went in.  With a bit of luck he may be able to post some pictures.

HTH

Rob

I think Mutleyboys car was having one fitted the last time I went in.  With a bit of luck he may be able to post some pictures.

I'd be interested in seeing these, the only thing stopping me fitting the RAC bar atm is losing the boot box / lockable lid...

Silly I know, but they are useful to me.

Andy

You can, but if you want to get the boot box out for access to the diff/fuel pump/tank/rear suspension/shocks etc, you have to take the roll bar off first. With removable struts, it's a 5 minute job to remove just the rear stays......

Ahhh... that will do for me.  :D

I will hopefully be ordering one later in the year... so removable stay roll-bar it will be.

Any idea of the cost for a narrow body? Current parts catalogue list a welded version for a widebody at £208 ish inc vat...

*rummage... rummage...*

ahh... sort of found it... £241.75 inc vat for the removable stay version, but thats a wide body one again, is a narrow likely to be any cheaper?

I'd be interested in seeing these, the only thing stopping me fitting the RAC bar atm is losing the boot box / lockable lid...

Andy

More useful than your head if you roll it on track?? ??  :bangshead:

Andy

Andy

When I get my cage fitted my roll bar will be available, it has the cross brace & insted of 2 rear stays it has a petty bar which locates in the passenger footwell.

You could run with out the petty bar on the road & re-fit for trackdays, thus retaining your bootbox etc.

Just a thought ???

Andy :D

It also looks a bit more agressive as its angled forward 15deg. :devil:

930.jpeg