Noob, in at the deep end

Boftus

Just now, Boftus said:

Cambridgeshire!?

Read that wrong lol

Thought you said welcome to Somerset 🤪

2 minutes ago, OldStager said:

That's er, one way to put it. LOL.

Looks a cracking motor, any plans to 'make it yours' ?.

Many, many plans. But plan to keep it many many years.

Nothing to extreme, but probably work my way through all the bolt on parts, bringing things upto date when they fail or spare funds allow.

Or when I see shiny bits at a show etc.

Think I will live with it for a bit then make plans lol

Not sure about the body colour and the chequer, so that may be first 🤔

Welcome!

What a great car to begin the adventure with!

Yes, Paul was very, very well known in the Club for many, many years, indeed at one time he had a business doing build and prep work on Westfields etc. Built or had a hand in, many members cars in the Speed Series, back in the day.

Paul did the pre SVA checks and set up the gel on my first Westfield seventeen years ago!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Welcome!

What a great car to begin the adventure with!

Yes, Paul was very, very well known in the Club for many, many years, indeed at one time he had a business doing build and prep work on Westfields etc. Built or had a hand in, many members cars in the Speed Series, back in the day.

Paul did the pre SVA checks and set up the gel on my first Westfield seventeen years ago!

Tbh, I have had a few chats with Paul over the last few weeks and he does seem like a sound guy, v knowledgeable, and eager to explain to the new guy the finer details lol.

Also, hearing these comment like from yourself does give me a good sense of confidence for Sunday.

I can certainly feel the love

And can't wait 😬😬😬😬😬

Just now, Boftus said:

Doesn't appear to be a group for the area

There isn't an area organiser at the moment no, but you can see other members in your area.

• Like 1

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

You've joined the best club out there! Great bunch of people, really knowledgeable and amazingly helpful. 

Be careful, there's a terrible Westfield related disease called upgraditus going around these parts 😂

Look forward to seeing photos, hope you enjoy the car 👍

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Boftus said:

Doesn't appear to be a group for the area

As @TableLeg says, there does not appear to be an AO according to the current info, maybe you could put yourself forward, no better way of getting to know your local crowd...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobH72 said:

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

You've joined the best club out there! Great bunch of people, really knowledgeable and amazingly helpful. 

Be careful, there's a terrible Westfield related disease called upgraditus going around these parts 😂

Look forward to seeing photos, hope you enjoy the car 👍

If you thought Covid was bad, this is far worse and can last for years and years, infact some are never cured at all 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OldStager said:

As @TableLeg says, there does not appear to be an AO according to the current info, maybe you could put yourself forward, no better way of getting to know your local crowd...

🤔🤔🤔

Just now, Boftus said:

Some pics as promisedIMG-20210725-WA0020.thumb.jpg.16f90ae3b0a6f0f6c810d88602c4eb1c.jpgIMG-20210725-WA0015.thumb.jpg.6e0d318b00536c29316eeb3212f68f7d.jpg

IMG-20210725-WA0032.thumb.jpg.cf36e65da18b788e09401550dd18622d.jpgIMG-20210725-WA0035.thumb.jpg.6b8aa150da32105ba280dbf41f75c4a9.jpg

Congrats, enjoy the summer now and then make a list of what you want to change as you go, lovely car well done.

• Thanks 1

Welcome @Boftus .   Just drive it for the rest of the warm weather then upgrade it in the winter, that’s what most of us do.  

• Like 2