Knockhill trackday May 24th

Andrew

8 hours ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

And what happens on tour stays on tour 😁

...obviously 😜

might need a passport in future if Nicola gets her way

• Haha 1

Anyone know where we are with Scottish travel?

Been looking at Scottish and English covid roadmaps and it looks like they both come into alignment May 17th? 

From here:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-2/

"you can travel anywhere in Scotland in Levels 0, 1 or 2 but must not enter a Level 3 or 4 area unless for a permitted reason
you can travel to England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands - before you travel you must check the travel rules in those countries"

So, are we good to go on the 24th.. unless Knockhill drops into a level 3 situation? 

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So, are we good to go on the 24th.

I certainly hope so! 

I think after 17th May it’s thumbs up. 

Wee Jimmy said “We have a Covid review on Tuesday where we will set out the final decisions for the next easing of restrictions scheduled for May 17”

So confirmation due tomorrow 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris King said:

Wee Jimmy said “We have a Covid review on Tuesday where we will set out the final decisions for the next easing of restrictions scheduled for May 17”

And Boris has an announcement this evening I think.. 

I need to get a hotel booked. Is there room at the inn above?

11 hours ago, Michael Whitworth said:

I need to get a hotel booked. Is there room at the inn above?

Did you get in the inn.. or are you out of the inn? 

• Haha 1

its essential travel for your mental well being

On 10/05/2021 at 08:32, Chris King said:

I certainly hope so! 

I think after 17th May it’s thumbs up. 

There’s another statement about the tier system on Friday 

As they are allowing free movement between Scotland and England and vice versa it really is organised chaos.

so fingers crossed there’s some sort of clarity for Friday .

10 minutes ago, Gary Taylor said:

There’s another statement about the tier system on Friday 

As they are allowing free movement between Scotland and England and vice versa it really is organised chaos.

so fingers crossed there’s some sort of clarity for Friday .

Indeed - we’ve been scouring the rules to get some clarity for our mini tour (next week). The way I read it, Moray (where you live?) might be in tier 3 - and us “border reivers” have less restrictions than someone who lives there? Needs clarity. 

2 minutes ago, Chris King said:

Indeed - we’ve been scouring the rules to get some clarity for our mini tour (next week). The way I read it, Moray (where you live?) might be in tier 3 - and us “border reivers” have less restrictions than someone who lives there? Needs clarity. 

Yes I think going by the news last night if we stay in tier 3 while everyone else goes into tier 2, then it’s as it is now, so it’s basically us losing out on hospitality, pubs , cafes etc. If they put moray into level 4 then how do they stop people from entering or leaving the county ? 
will wait until Friday but it’s doubtful you would be coming into moray anyway

12 minutes ago, Gary Taylor said:

but it’s doubtful you would be coming into moray anyway

We usually drive through tominoul to access/leave the Spittal of Glenshee road when on tour. 

No worries for the track day though (at least for us sassenachs) 👍

• Like 1

Ok here we go with the latest confusion,

as in the screenshot from Monday most of Scotland goes to level 2 so hotels , campsites are open. so your all allowed to come to knockhill and stay over.

moray stays in level 3 , so you can’t stay up here or cuddle me , but you can travel through.

will update as and when we hear more

B15111C9-0D67-47A6-89F3-6BC63F8A5276.png