Donnington in May?

Mole

If I get a place a Cadwell it’s a bit close for me, especially if I do Knockhill.

MSV have a Donny day listed Wed 19th May? .. was it there before? .. does it give us any more options? 🙂 @Mole

One thing's for sure if we want to do an MSV day in May, we'll need to extract digits.. April is filling fast! 

i have pencilled in the 24th May, and no I hadnt seen the 19th before...

I think a few are concerned about noise limits at Donny.. I have not had an issue there..

If there is a group who want 19th then I could probably do.. just waiting for Phil to confirm his diary.. which is normally more booked up that mine!

I could book it and if I get kicked off come home and get Lionel, it’s only 40mins, be very annoying though. 

16 minutes ago, Mole said:

If there is a group who want 19th then I could probably do.. just waiting for Phil to confirm his diary.. which is normally more booked up that mine!

Even though it's very close to KH on 24th, I'd consider it.

15 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I could book it and if I get kicked off come home and get Lionel, it’s only 40mins, be very annoying though. 

Your Westy was OK for noise last time was it not Russ? Do you think it'll be much more noisy now?

I dont think I've seen anyone chucked off for noise on the past few days I've done there. They normally just point out which meter you've tripped, so all that's necessary is an easing of the throttle or a short shift past said meter. 

Fit Lionel with a tow bar, and you could have your spare track car ready at the track. @Rush Motorsport  🙂 

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Even though it's very close to KH on 24th, I'd consider it.

Your Westy was OK for noise last time was it not Russ? Do you think it'll be much more noisy now?

I dont think I've seen anyone chucked off for noise on the past few days I've done there. They normally just point out which meter you've tripped, so all that's necessary is an easing of the throttle or a short shift past said meter. 

Fit Lionel with a tow bar, and you could have your spare track car ready at the track. @Rush Motorsport  🙂 

It’s a lot louder now unfortunately, bigger everything. 

14 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

It’s a lot louder now unfortunately, bigger everything. 

You need:

received_10155085851152877.jpeg

Unfortunately the 19th is a no go for Phil so if I want a Donny in May it looks like its got to be the 24th.. which actually suits me... so at the moment it looks like it won't be a team day out....

I will see if there are any other options over the weekend...

14 minutes ago, Mole said:

Unfortunately the 19th is a no go for Phil so if I want a Donny in May it looks like its got to be the 24th.. which actually suits me... so at the moment it looks like it won't be a team day out....

I will see if there are any other options over the weekend...

Fair enough Moley. 👍 Hopefully the situation will improve soon, and we'll have a get together later in the year. 

Yes always good to see you Andrew..and I enjoy watching myself on your video!!

• Like 1

I just saw that Donnington is 98 db as drive by. I think last time I was measured at Cadwell mine was 96 or 97 Static.. so i would have thought you would need to b quite loud to break 98 drive by...

You'd be surprised. One of the meters is on the gantry on the pit straight. The noise echoes off the barriers down there. And god for bid a jumbo jet should fly over and trip the meter just as your passing it

Thats a bit tough being on pit straight - when on full chat!

Anyway I am now booked on for Monday 24th May...

I am sure I will be there more than once this year.. hopefully we can tie the next date up with a few more of us...

• Like 1

We could do with MSV updating their calendar past May.. 😞

Plans need to be plotted. 🙂  

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2021 at 20:22, Mole said:

Anyway I am now booked on for Monday 24th May...

I’ve managed to get a spot on this day so will see you their @Mole 👍🏼