SEIW ZK lockable boot lid wanted

Bandageman

@Rob R1 from Dave’s post that kinda looks like it is a ZK lid and frame, and it’s got the frame Rob, such a pity you’re so far away though. Many thanks for your help.

If it’s early to mid nineties, it’s probably the earlier Kit Bodywork version, (not sure if the ZK was ever made without the inertial reel mounts, but I suspect it wasn’t, which would also point to it being kit bodywork.

• Thanks 1

That is identical to my kit bodywork boot lid. 

If you're looking for one, don't get too hung up on the zk / kit bodywork thing unless you have inertia reel belts.

I swapped from the kit boot  lid to a zk on my kit bodywork and the shape difference is so minimal you really would be hard pushed to notice. 

• Like 1

Oh and the kit lid also offers a smidge more storage as you can push stuff into the void created by not having the dip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neptune said:

I swapped from the kit boot  lid to a zk on my kit bodywork and the shape difference is so minimal you really would be hard pushed to notice. 

Perfect, exactly the sort of information the (collective) we need! Though in the past, someone else did report issues.

It sounds like it’s possibly more down to variations in how the tub is fitted, than the actual body type itself?

• Like 1

@neptune hi, my Westie is 

a standard factory model with inertia belts. It’s used solely for touring, so not likely to get harness fitted, so will need a ZK one. 

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Perfect, exactly the sort of information the (collective) we need! Though in the past, someone else did report issues.

It sounds like it’s possibly more down to variations in how the tub is fitted, than the actual body type itself?

I still have both types of boot lid so ext time the boot lid comes off the car I'll photograph them back to back to show how little difference in shape there is.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.