SEIW ZK lockable boot lid wanted

Bandageman

I know it’s a long shot, but putting it out there. I’m looking for a lockable boot lid in navy blue to be fitted to a wide bodied ZK. Will leave up here until found. Based in Glasgow.

• 3 months later...

@Rob R1 that looks promising. Is it off a ZK?. New to Westie ownership so unsure if it’s the right one, perhaps you can confirm. If so, what you looking for it? Happy to pay you just now and come and fetch it after lockdown ( I’ve a sense carriage might be prohibitive)😬

Hi, looking for £200 , might seem a lot but Westfield want 900 !!! for one. Yes it is Zk off a 1994 model . There are a couple of marks on the lid hence the price but it is royal blue and quite rare 

rob

@Rob R1 thanks for response. I think that will suit me nicely, but would like to see to make sure before committing. Where are you located Rob. Hoping to be able to have a run after lockdown to check. Fully understand if it’s gone by then but if my history of Westfield shipping body panels to me is anything to go by , I’d be at least another £40 carriage on top. Quite happy to wait unless it sells beforehand. Hopefully you’re not too far away.

ah well that might. be where the plan falls down, im in Cheltenham , Gloucestershire, not really on your door step.

Rob

@Rob R1 Typical🤨. Irony is I was down your way last October cause I bought my Westie from a bloke from Malmesbury, North Wiltshire.

Took me 2 days for round trip. 

Why don’t you try the WSCC courier service.

If its a 94 will it be off a zk? Thought that was late 90s when zk body came out? 

No idea if the earlier boot lids are any different though? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you looking for a complete boot lid assembly, or just the lid part? (Only asking in case you didn’t know it comes in two parts. The lid section, and the mounting frame it attaches to.

The frame screws down onto the back of the tub, over the boot box. The lid then attaches to the frame, via the hinges.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary Hi Dave. I have the factory standard boot recess, so from your response would be looking for the complete assembly (presume now this is frame and lockable lid) I presumed (maybe wrongly) that’s what @Rob R1 has for sale. New to Westie ownership and assumed lid was hinged and I just had to drill boot box to attach🤷‍♂️

With thanks to the WSC Parts store, here are the main GRP parts...

5EBE05A8-19DC-427B-82BC-E15E57243680.jpeg

The frame part screws down to the top of the rear tub, over the normal boot box.it fits around the standard (un-braced) roll bar. It has grooves moulded into it for the hood frame (if you have one), to fold down into. This is the lates ZK type shown, so it also has that stepped section at the front, where you would attach inertia reel seat belts, if you had them. (Note, early lids and frames don’t have this recess for seatbelts, so don’t worry if you see both types.)

The lid section is then attached via a pair of hinges, to the back of the frame. (It opens up backwards, if you see what I mean, so as to clear the hood frame.)

4C3888E0-56E6-432C-B397-780EA4A85D68.jpeg
And here it is, in place in a car. It’s an extremely fiddly moulding to make - especially the frame, so I’m guessing the laminators are charging Westfield big bucks now, to try and discourage people from buying. 

But, the lid system work so well, it’s a real shame. Mine was so much better than just a vinyl tonneau cover, on my old ZK type tub.

• Like 1

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary Thanks so much Dave. Ive got the vinyl boot cover just now, but I can see from your pics and your description that this is exactly what I need, and the plugs for the inertia belts (which I have) and JAP style anti roll bar are just needing drilled to slip over them. I’ve got a zipped Soft bits for 7’s half hood now so don’t need access for frame for full weather gear. I’m not a contortionist so had to change that as my Pride was dented when my wife was in tears watching me attempting to get in and out with it fitted and the doors attached.🤨 I’ll keep the post open just now in case a frame comes up, and if Rob hasn’t sold his lid I might be lucky.

lovely car by the way, looks minted.👍

would it be possible for any one to identify this boot lid assembly then, I thought it was zk but seems im wrong

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.