• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

V8 bonnet grills

I H Freelance Services

Hi does any body know were i can get a front v8 bonnet mesh grill

and a pair of rear V8 bonnet vent meshes  

before i look at making a set 

I'd look to make a set anyway.  I took the mesh out of my v8 bonnet (s2000 car) and replaced it with some Chinky Audi copy plastic grill stuff off Ebay.  For about £10 there was enough for my car and to give @CosKev some for his ( coz he's poor).

As for the rear vents, they can't be too hard to make from some b and q mesh stuff?

@CosKev

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

( coz he's poor).

Poor for knowing you I agree😏😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I H Freelance Services said:

Hi does any body know were i can get a front v8 bonnet mesh grill

and a pair of rear V8 bonnet vent meshes  

before i look at making a set 

AB Performance were making some nice ones,but they've closed down now👎

Have a look @Steve (sdh2903) build thread,he made some good ones👍

I lent out my wooden forms but I can't remember who to. They were easy to make. Aluminium mesh pressed through the form and then painted. 

Plastic audi style mesh for the front. 

I just got some stainless mesh & made some formers out of ply.

I can take some photos of them if it’s any help.

Hi Andy 

that would be a great help 

thanks 

Hi, sorry had a look first this morning but couldn’t find all the the former & been at work all day.

I’ll have another look tomorrow but here’s the mesh & finished look.

BF570671-0ADA-4671-B97A-4907A86B861F.thumb.jpeg.e8755af3304204c4f66bbd747668664b.jpeg

9C7745C7-FA4C-43F0-9D50-BE3B0D83971A.thumb.jpeg.4bc7b3883962f6832d5e386ee02406a8.jpeg

These are the AB Performance ones, I fitted a new v8 bonnet which came fitted with vents but there  crap and not even recessed so im binning them for the AB ones, Pitty or they would have been available 

131466947_675935813092144_5831632427517359676_n.jpg

131088946_423489819032678_2669885978371040163_n.jpg

Have been looking at printing some, would be done in uv stable with hi temp engineering grade nylon FDM rather than ‘pla’. 

Just need to design the large front one.
The smaller rectangular vents are no symmetrical, so designed a LH and RH one.

Will get them printed in new year.

Andy

0DFE0EA2-B8E0-456C-AB69-63B40BB87EDC.jpeg.479b6b59eb0ea3056b4baec276e0cabc.jpeg

• Like 4

Those look brilliant Andy. Definitly on my list to attempt once the cad skills get up to standard. Petg would work for them just fine or in ASA which I'm experimenting with at the minute. The asa is seriously strong and good with uv and heat. 

I use solidworks 3D modelling software for work so the drawing bit is easy for me but don’t have a 3D printer lol

10 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Those look brilliant Andy. Definitly on my list to attempt once the cad skills get up to standard. Petg would work for them just fine or in ASA which I'm experimenting with at the minute. The asa is seriously strong and good with uv and heat. 

Thank you @Steve (sdh2903)

I have some time over Xmas so aim to model up the front grill too. I may will play with the hex hole size as it may be better smaller.

I will send to a bureau, a good friend has had some great results with this one, I have no connection. 

At least the paint will stay on, the metal mesh annoys me as the silver shows through when paint drops off. 

https://3dprintdirect.co.uk

Andy

Here's how I made my ally ones. @I H Freelance Services

Just some cheap ally mesh from b and q pressed through the plywood. Have since been painted black. I just sika flexed them in place. Have also done the same with the scoop aswell. 

Some great options and finished grills 

if the 3d printing set come to fruition can i buy a set 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.