Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• oldman

• Bob Green

• Mark Stanton

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening Magnum

Yep feeler gauges bought and used.

Car now fitted with wheels, standing on them, and ready for engine and gearbox Friday afternoon (POETS day).  At that point I'll be ready to start it up...... Magnum, what are you doing, have you got an "advance type strobe light", what is one, how do you use it and, nah...

Engine builder has another engine on the dyno this week so I'll give him a bell around 30/31 Jan and find out the correct ignition timing - he was talking about 12 degrees at idle and 32/33 at 4500 rpm...  Beyond me.

Dickie

I guess I take offence at seeing scenes like this, whether fake or otherwise, on what can be considered as a "family" web site.

Think about it.

Bob - Gotta say I tend to agree  ;)  ;)  although the footage is not actually on this site - I looked at the title its warning and didn't bother pursueing it  :(  :down:  ;)

I could forsee what was gonna happen  ;)  :(

Whatever one's opinions on the rights or wrongs - these things happen - always have always will - tis a sad fact of man's approach towards fellow man  :down:

Anyway lets get back to do what we do best and lets go for thread diversion tactic  ;)  :D

Can't wait to see Dickie B trying to use a strobe light  :D  :D  He'd be better off borrowing my 1 Million candle power torch  :D  :devil:  :D

Hi Mark

I totally agree with your sentiments and comments.  I guess what irritated me was the image was accessible on this site.

Now what about Dickie’s timing technique?  I heard he bought new flints for the Zippo lighter but it must be a b******* to keep flicking the lighter wheel to see TDC at 3000 rpm!

Sorry, but I disagree. The warning was pretty clear. If you were upset by it, perhaps you should have heeded the warning, rather than ignoring it........

Same goes for offensive/crap/dumbed down TV. If you don't like it, turn it over, or, dare I say, off.........

Yes there was a warning which you could choose to read or ignore  ;)  ;)

But at the end of the day there are 2 points to appreciate in this:

1. That information is on a website in the public domain freely accessible to anyone and everyone - fine it is up to each individual to choose to search and look at those matters as they wish.

2. This is The Westfield Sports Car Club boardroom, not a CNN site or pro-war or anti-war website - and with such a diverse number of subscribers there will be an equal number of diverse topics noted for discussion which are often psoted.

The question is possibly: "is this a suitable site to offer up for consideration and discussion such a topic" ??

IMHO - Nope  :)  If that's what anyone wishes to discuss the merits of, then do it in a dedicated forum and not that of an enthusiasts car club.

or is it that the tractor had a suitable LSD diff ratio  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  sorry .............. Taxi with bullet proof windows for Stanton

Right, that's it!! Fuse blown:

I'm not renowned for being Politically Correct, and being a professional purveyor of weapons of war, and am generally considered anything but PC, however I have to ask: Bob, How can you display such blatant hypocrisy?

To describe this Boardroom as a " family web site" and then have a tag line like yours at the end of each posting beggars belief!!!

A significant number of ladies look at this site, and may be as disgusted by your tag line as you are by the glorification of war.

Think about it!

I take it Blatman, that you have never seen a human being killed.

Not by being shot, but I've witnessed 2 deaths, both of them violent, and lots more on video. You should see some of the un-edited footage that comes back from war zones..........maybe I'm de-sensitized to it, which is not good for me.

However, I read and understood the warning, and opened the link to view. I wouldn't try to blame that on anyone else but myself.

[car related] Anti freeze is clearly labelled as harmful if swallowed. I don't need to take a swig to find out, and then blame Bluecol for tempting me by having it packaged in a bottle that I am able to open.........

[/car related]

As for, is this an appropriate place for it, well, yes and no. This is supposed to be an open forum. I agree it's off topic, but quite a bit of stuff on here is. Where do you draw the line? Do we immediately lock threads that wander off topic? Do we ban people from starting non Westfield related threads? Do we ban jokes ('cos if you start to analyse humour........)?

I'm principally against censorship. I'm intelligent enough to understand warnings when I read them, and man enough not to cry about it when I ignore a warning and regret it. This is almost "blame culture" creeping in. No-one is responsible for opening that link but the person in control of the mouse.

If you are a parent though, I wouldn't let any children see it. I'd also clear out my cookies/temp folders to be sure they don't stumble across it by accident, while they're trying to erase their stuff.......

Disclaimer. I am NOT ranting. This is a discussion. I have aired my opinion, to which I am entitled, as all of you are entitled to yours. I am neither offended by your opinions, nor dis-respectful of them. We just disagree. OK? 'Cos I can see where this could go......

Right, that's it!! Fuse blown:

And it looks like a 20amp as well  :D  :devil:  :D

I have aired my opinion, to which I am entitled, as all of you are entitled to yours

Yep agreed - and what did happen to the tractor diff is it a suitable ratio  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil: