• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• oldman

• Bob Green

• Mark Stanton

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly obviously faked i am sure. You need to listen to the sound and match it to the picture and it is all out of sync. Also the original gunfire does not cause the same effect as the later stuff.

This footage was on the ABC News web site somewhere.

Yup..  here.

If it is a hoax, ABC got suckered as well.....

It's probably real.  After all in war you are trying to kill the enemy before he kills you.  

They could have been about to set up weapons which would have killed the approaching friendly forces or any number of other possibilities.  

They could have been identified by other assets, and been known terrorists and the Apache crew waited until they were away from an inhabited area before shooting them - so they could actually have been saving lives by doing it in an open area.

Don't let the media fool you, or read too much in to an isolated clip.

Dickie

Its real.  Its been plastered all over a load of american right wing forums as a demonstration of how proud they are that they spent thier taxes on the apache.  Shocking to think were probably doing the same thing out there, just not shouting quite so loud about it.

Scruffy

Shocking to think we were probably doing the same thing out there, just not shouting quite so loud about it.

Shocking? Only if they were innocent civilians.  Assuming they weren't (and certainly in the UK's case it is highly unlikely), then what do you expect to happen in war?

It's a tough one to call, but it was in war.   War is always a dirty, reprehensible thing, but in the situation, you know you have to kill, so you kill, period.

Not everyone who pulls a trigger is right wing, and their calm, level voices give no indication of a couple of rednecks having a hunting trip.

It's always what isn't revealed that tells the story, for all anyone knows, they may have been iraqi special forces, a compromised terrorist cell, anything.

The worrying thing to me is what the f@@@ is footage like this doing in the public domain?   Now it's out here, any half assed redneck will have orgasms watching it.   Those dead guys had family, whoever they were, so this isn't really entertainment, just tragic.

I did my bit some years ago, and you do think hard about taking lives.   Not every death in war can be justified, and if this is from the ongoing conflict, many argue that it is unjust, or down right criminal.   If your Commander in Chief sends you to war, you fight, look to your concience, and live with it.

I don't think killing an obviously wounded, neutralised, and clearly incapacitated combatant is justified under any circumstances however.

IMHO of course

Its pretty gruesome stuff.. gave me a funny feeling in my guts watching it.

It looks like the poor fellow who hides under the truck gets blasted out, and when the blast clears he is in the street, still wounded…LOOK CLOSE

He may have been cut in half before they hit him again.

Not pleasant. And not something I want to be involved in.

Respect to our armed forces, you do a job I could not.

Just looked at it again. I don't want to get in to the rights and wrongs of it, but.....

Look at the tractor. What is that long hot tube thing on the left? What part of the tractor is that then? Or could it be a recently used RPG launcher, or a hand held SAM launcher?

The worrying thing to me is what the f@@@ is footage like this doing in the public domain?

It's propaganda, aimed at those very people/cells who aren't fighting out in Iraq, and anyone thinking of going to help the insurgents.......

What is that long hot tube thing on the left?

Looks like the exhaust to me, although i'm not trained in tractor infra red heat signatures or anything :D

Scruffy

shame it wasnt in colour  :t-up:  (bet that upsets some people)

mate of mine was an Israeli commandoin the early 80's, he had some gruesome 'holiday' snaps.

Looks like the exhaust to me, although i'm not trained in tractor infra red heat signatures or anything

Hadn't thought of that  :0:0:down:  :down:

Surely the most shocking thing is that an air vehicle of such complexity and lethality as Apache is entrusted to the Army when it should clearly be in the hands of the professionals.... eh Dickie?  ;)

Dickie wouldn't be able to repair any of it with his leatherman though. He'd need to buy a decent Swiss Army knife too........