Insurance

Stuart

Insurance time again - is it still A Plan?  Gone up another tenner and I expected a bit better having not been able to use the car for 3 months.  I was gonna compare with Footman James but online they want my inside leg measurement before they'll give me a quote and I hate calling insurance brokers.....

I’ve just done mine through Chris at A-Plan Thatcham and he was absolutely brilliant and came back with a fully comp plan with Markerstudy that blew everything else away and that was for 3 named drivers, one of which has a “hotlist” occupation!! 

the number for them is ‭01635 874646‬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngliaWestie said:

I’ve just done mine through Chris at A-Plan Thatcham and he was absolutely brilliant and came back with a fully comp plan with Markerstudy that blew everything else away and that was for 3 named drivers, one of which has a “hotlist” occupation!! 

the number for them is ‭01635 874646‬

I'm been with them for 6 years now.  But the renewal notice says this "....if you have been with us for a number of years you may be able to get the insurance cover you want want at a better price if you shop around".  The underwriters are Highway Insurance and I'm reading that as a nod that I might be being caned for loyalty  by Highway.    

My renewal said the same but tbh its only gone up about £5 from last year and before that had stayed steady for 5 years.

I too hate the online form filling routine only to find out once they do have your inside leg measurement they decline to quote or its a rediculous amount....  

Mines with Footman James, on a fleet policy with my other cars. To add the Westy and it’s trailer to the policy cost about £70 for the year. This was easy to do and seemed good value so I didn’t bother shopping around.

So, whats everyone paying and who are you with? My renewal is due end of this month on Mega S2000 and the price is the same as last year. PM me if you'd rather not disclose it publicly.

Aplan again for me. They just insured my tin top too and mirrored the no claims to both cars. Brilliant service.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2020 at 12:42, Stuart said:

and I hate calling insurance brokers

Unfortunately it’s the only way you are ever going to save money on insurance policies. I did mine back in April when I was furloughed so admittedly had nothing better to do, but after a couple days back and forth between APlan thacham, Adrian flux and footman James I knocked over £100 off my renewal. 

A Plan great service. Same price for last 3 years.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2020 at 19:48, Stuart said:

I'm been with them for 6 years now.  But the renewal notice says this "....if you have been with us for a number of years you may be able to get the insurance cover you want want at a better price if you shop around".  The underwriters are Highway Insurance and I'm reading that as a nod that I might be being caned for loyalty  by Highway.    

Nope FCA requirement to put this in renewals now. 

• Like 2

Adrian Flux for me too. I've been with them for a few years with my (lightly modified) tintop, and it's been getting cheaper year on year when most other insurers won't even give me a quote. Just insured the Westfield with them too, and got a really good price. Interestingly, the underwriter is Markerstudy who AngliaWestie above got a policy from though A Plan. 

I'll certainly be shopping around though next year. It's irritating, but always worth it. Two hours on the phone yesterday knocked nearly £200 off my home insurance renewal.

• Like 1

I went AF as well as they could include 5 trackdays for much cheaper than a plan could. And it's just a blanket 500 xs.

However customer service I feel is stronger with a plan

• Like 1