New owner - Request for history...

morgan100

Obviously there are lots of different ways you could go about it, depending exactly what you ultimately wanted to achieve, and what your fabrication skills are like, or whether you have to farm out welding etc.

The “easiest” route, would be to cherry pick as many Mega S2000 parts as you can, then adapt the chassis you have, to make them fit.

So, say:

Westfield.

• Engine mounts
  • plumbing set
  • prop shaft, though you could have an existing one modified.
  • exhaust manifold, possibly link pipe and silencer too, as they’re larger bore than standard Westfield.
  • lower mid and lower front steering column and bearing, (to route the column around the manifold and oil filter)
  • Omex ECU and wiring loom
  • Air filter and elbow to fit to the Honda throttle body.
  • Hydraulic clutch pedal, (if the current one is cable)

Non Westfield

• bigger radiator, such as Coolex 50(?)mm core version
  • Compbrake 0.625mm clutch master cylinder
  • clutch hydraulic hoses and remote bleeding connections, Think Automotive or similar.

There are lots of other little and not so little bits and bobs too, for instance with the instruments, both the standard analogue rev counter and oil pressure gauges don’t have sufficient range, you need a 0-10k Rev counter, and a 0-10 bar oil pressure gauge. But you get the idea.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the photos of the frame @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary. Will certainly come in very handy when I get the car stripped down.

Need to decide what's easier - modifying the bell housing or modifying the frame 🤷‍♂️

Car has a wide tunnel which is a good start.

Westfield.

• Engine mounts
  • plumbing set
  • prop shaft, though you could have an existing one modified. I still have the S2000 prop plus the one currently on the car - will try have them modified.
  • exhaust manifold, possibly link pipe and silencer too, as they’re larger bore than standard Westfield.
  • lower mid and lower front steering column and bearing, (to route the column around the manifold and oil filter)
  • Omex ECU and wiring loom Plan to make my own loom from the S2000 one. I see Omex mentioned on a lot of S2000 threads - no one using Hondata KPRO?
  • Air filter and elbow to fit to the Honda throttle body.
  • Hydraulic clutch pedal, (if the current one is cable) Hydraulic clutch on the car already

Non Westfield

• bigger radiator, such as Coolex 50(?)mm core version
  • Compbrake 0.625mm clutch master cylinder
  • clutch hydraulic hoses and remote bleeding connections, Think Automotive or similar. Not possible to have an access panel to get to the bleed?
  • There are lots of other little and not so little bits and bobs too, for instance with the instruments, both the standard analogue rev counter and oil pressure gauges don’t have sufficient range, you need a 0-10k Rev counter, and a 0-10 bar oil pressure gauge. But you get the idea. 

3 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

I'd keep what you have. Sell the s2000 bits and put the money towards fuel and having a good time 

Especially with the money s2000 engines bring. Would pay for a LOT of upgrades without the major surgery.

You'd be surprised, they are harder to sell than you'd think.

I had it up for sale for 8 months, all the Honda parts facebook pages, even had it on eBay a couple times, few people interested but never materialised to a sale 😒

1 minute ago, morgan100 said:

You'd be surprised, they are harder to sell than you'd think.

I had it up for sale for 8 months, all the Honda parts facebook pages, even had it on eBay a couple times, few people interested but never materialised to a sale 😒

What do you want for the gearbox? My spare one is goosed!!!!!

C69FC8C0-2F7A-49E7-8D10-055E59D254A8.thumb.jpeg.e98951e26fe71eb1c542ddfeaa1d0c88.jpeg

could always do with a spare engine too lol

In all seriousness it’s a great engine and box package for a westfield. Well worth a little work to get it in. If you need just a bell housing to work out clearances etc without swinging the whole box in and out my spare gearbox will be in pieces for a good while.