SS Calendar

conibear

Looking at SS calendar posted. I am based in the London area and wish to ask why there is so few SS events that I could realistically attend (without travelling over 100 miles)??

Also were in Kent is Goodwood. Is this a misprint??

Ian

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• DAVE O

• Blatman

Ian,

Have you got a trailer? I'm in Herts (south) and all the events in the midlands are easily do-able in a day -then there's North Weald and Lid.

Take your point about Goodwood in Kent though!

Dave O.

Yer, i got a trailer Dave.

I think my geography not good. When i searched November time I thought there was plenty for me to do and worth while registering. I will be at the season opener North Weald, Wiltshire, Goodwood and many of the Midland one's. But I think lost my knowledge of the Midland one's.

I'll go back through the previous threads to ascertain them.

Please ignore my ignorance if my geography is poo

Excellent- Trailer convoy from the south :D  :D

Last year I did Shelsley, Curborough, Mira in the day.

For the rest I made it a wkend and based myself at my parents in North Notts! Scamo, Elvington and Harewood were all 45mins - 1hour from there!

Thoresby can be done in the day straight up the A1!

Dave O.

Well if your sorting out a trailer convoy, can I tag along.

I am in essex.

There are a of a lack events, that are not in "Chips and gravy land".

Thats a big 10 4

Not forgettin' Loton Park is also very "do"able in a day and a crackin hill  :D its not far from Shrewsbury

Goodwood is West Sussex  :blush:  :D  :durr: near Chichester  :D (Sorry)

and wish to ask why there is so few SS events that I could realistically attend (without travelling over 100 miles)??

Sorry chap, if you do a search you'll find more info on why, but essentially there are so few tracks that are accessible down sarf than there are from around the Midlands  ;)  ;)  Quite a  few tracks have been closed mainly because of noise complaints from locals :down:  :down:

You're not on yer own by any means, no consolation I know - but the SS has loads of southern based drivers that regularly compete as far north as Harewood in Yorks  ;)  :D

Grab yourself a tent and sleeping bag and make a weekend of it  :D  :D  many do  :D

A lot UK drivers generally see 150 mile as too long a drive  :(  :down: Compared to the rest of Europe and the world it isn't - that kind of journey is seen as very easy  ;)  :D Whack some CD's in get yourself comfy and its no problem  :D

Looking at SS calendar posted. I am based in the London area and wish to ask why there is so few SS events that I could realistically attend (without travelling over 100 miles)??

I'm in London, too. Checking this years calendar quickly, it seems like there are 9 or 10 events within 2-3 hours towing time, with the exception of Wiscombe. Wiscombe is well worth the effort though. There are *plenty* more that are do-able in 3-4 hours that are also well worth the effort, IMHO.

Also, lots of the events this year (for me at least) are on a Sunday, which is great. I normally use up 5 or 6 days holiday so that I (or rather, we......) can travel up on the Friday for Saturday events.

London? I DREAM of living as far North as London!

Times are even harder for us lot down on the South Coast - still the events are such a blast that its part of the fun to stay over the night beforehand and extend the experience.

I might not do Brighton-Croft-Brighton again in a hurry, but generally the journey adds to the adventure and the anticipation  :oops:  or is that just me ???

Mmmmm the idea of a convoy of Westies-on-trailers heading North sounds cool :cool:

Thanks for views. I think i'll pick and choose or ok I 'll be honest, do the events that the wife  :devil:  will let me do :(

Get some CD's and get comfy a.  I've got Kylie, Christina Aguilera, Emma Bunton, Gerie Halliwell and Beyonce all on CD, but I can't relax when I see oh sorry hear them :blush:

Mark, when I receive my registration number from DVLC and MSA licence number should I let you know as not completed on form I've already submitted.

Ian

Mark, when I receive my registration number from DVLC and MSA licence number should I let you know as not completed on form I've already submitted

Yes please  :D  :D  but more importantly .......... get yourself some better quality CD's  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil: and not just ones based on the cover photo's  :D  :devil:  :D

Sorry Ian, I refuse to 'convoy' with anybody that listens to Emma Bunton. :p  :p  :p

I have been to her house though and stroked her nunney!! :cool:  :cool:

Dave O.

But not Carling  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D or any American nats-water stuff  :D  :devil:  :D

I've got Kylie, Christina Aguilera, Emma Bunton, Gerie Halliwell and Beyonce

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds like you need a TV in the car not a stereo.  Or maybe just a passion wagon like my Tranny.

Or maybe just a passion wagon like my Tranny.

Can't wait till Magnum reads that  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D