New member, Hook Hampshire

RS250

1 hour ago, Steven (Steve T) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Hi Chris

As well as the Hampshire and Isle of Wight area you are within reach of the Thames Valley area as well and you are more than welcome to come along to our next meet, hopefully the 2nd Sunday in August, and have a chat about Westfields.

Steve  & Tim

Where abouts is the Thames Valley meet usually?

10 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I’ve got one with “only” 125 bhp, a stock Type 9 gearbox with poor ratios, Golf callipers on the back and Landrover Discovery (rear) callipers on the front!

And over twisty country roads, it flies! And while I won’t deny, I’ve been faster down some of the roads in Westfields with double the power, it’s not by much! (Of course, as soon as you get somewhere more open, with big straights and long fast bends, then the bigger power cars come into their own.) But it really is worth experimenting with options that you didn’t think would appeal, to really find out what you like!

I can attest to this! I've followed @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary in the Peak District in my S2000... Horsepower is definitely not everything in these cars although it does help in catching Dave up after a corner!  😂😂😂

Hi Chris

We meet at the Bun Penny pub Lee on Solent. First Thursday of month at 1900.

Look forward to meeting you.

8 hours ago, Steven (Steve T) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Hi Chris

As well as the Hampshire and Isle of Wight area you are within reach of the Thames Valley area as well and you are more than welcome to come along to our next meet, hopefully the 2nd Sunday in August, and have a chat about Westfields.

Steve  & Tim

Cheers Steve and Tim

Expecting to be in Cornwall that weekend if we are lucky... but would love to come along another time 

Chris

You will be made very welcome in both areas, hopefully see you in September,

11 hours ago, Ewan said:

Where abouts is the Thames Valley meet usually?

At The Bird in Hand pub on the A4 at Knowl Hill RG10 9UP

Hello Chris and welcome.
I’m between Basingstoke and Tadley, so not far away. I have a 2.0L Zetec Seiw in Chrome yellow (the best colour, apparently) which I built 20 years ago. It’s been off the the road for about a year for some suspension upgrades (life gets in the way). With a few more local Westfield owners popping up I’d better hurry and get it back on the road.  

I also have a RS Clio 200. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Warren Till said:

Hello Chris and welcome.
I’m between Basingstoke and Tadley, so not far away. I have a 2.0L Zetec Seiw in Chrome yellow (the best colour, apparently) which I built 20 years ago. It’s been off the the road for about a year for some suspension upgrades (life gets in the way). With a few more local Westfield owners popping up I’d better hurry and get it back on the road.  

I also have a RS Clio 200. 

Nice one. Yes need to get is sorted 👍 😀.  Do u track the clio?

Nice!

5 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Nice!

Just need a Westie tucked away in the Garage now 👍 😀

Welcome!

Currently living in Wakefield (W.Yorks) but originally from Yateley so go through Hook a few times a year to visit friends & family. Also got my first speeding ticket in Hook ... where it goes to 30 on the Basingstoke side 😞 

The ladies and gents on this forum are fantastic ... and just remember there is nothing wrong with a powerful & loud V8. Might not be as fast on a track but you have some great roads around you that will make the SEiGHT sing 🙂

On 19/07/2020 at 13:56, RS250 said:

Nice one. Yes need to get is sorted 👍 😀.  Do u track the clio?

Hi Chris, Your Megane looks like a dedicated track tool.  I don’t track the Clio, it’s my more practical daily ‭driver, not that I’ve been anywhere in it since March! It’s overdue a timing belt and has the ‘usual’ synchromesh issues with the gearbox. Jobs for next couple of weeks.
Until a couple of years ago I used to do some rallying. I quite fancy doing some Sprinting before I’m too old!

• Like 1