New member, Hook Hampshire

RS250

Hi @RS250and welcome to the forum. I've not long joined up myself and am just down the road from you, just south of Basingstoke. Good luck in your search for a car and I'm up for a meet anytime so will keep any eye out for the goings-on here. Cheers!

9 hours ago, Warren Till said:

Hi Chris, Your Megane looks like a dedicated track tool.  I don’t track the Clio, it’s my more practical daily ‭driver, not that I’ve been anywhere in it since March! It’s overdue a timing belt and has the ‘usual’ synchromesh issues with the gearbox. Jobs for next couple of weeks.
Until a couple of years ago I used to do some rallying. I quite fancy doing some Sprinting before I’m too old!

Hi Warren. Many thanks, yep thats all I use it for really. Yep got a few trackdays booked to try to catch up. I think i have around 4 a month over the next 3 months so really looking forward to it. Will u strip the gearbox yourself?  

8 hours ago, rickysauce said:

Hi @RS250and welcome to the forum. I've not long joined up myself and am just down the road from you, just south of Basingstoke. Good luck in your search for a car and I'm up for a meet anytime so will keep any eye out for the goings-on here. Cheers!

Hi Ricky. That will be good. I am doing house renovations currently and that is taking my spare time but we are getting close to the end    phew. Jim reached out to me so will try to get time to pop over there first. I am toying with the idea of building my own.

Gareth h-d might have a car suitable for you, oh and welcome, look forward to meeting you at our next meeting in August if you can make it 

14 minutes ago, Martin Letts - AO Hampshire and Isle of Wight said:

Gareth h-d might have a car suitable for you, oh and welcome, look forward to meeting you at our next meeting in August if you can make it 

He's sold his S2000.

• Like 1

I know, he’s got another up for grabs now he’s joined the narrow boys

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic news!

6 hours ago, RS250 said:

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a westie at last .....cant wait,....very excited indeed 

Pic needed if it comes off👍

7 hours ago, RS250 said:

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a westie at last .....cant wait,....very excited indeed 

That’s great news look forward to seeing pictures 

Thats brilliant news.

Don't forget the pictures as we love pictures.

Excellent, glad you're pleased!

On 21/07/2020 at 08:51, Andy_R said:

Currently living in Wakefield (W.Yorks) but originally from Yateley so go through Hook a few times a year to visit friends & family. Also got my first speeding ticket in Hook ... where it goes to 30 on the Basingstoke side 😞 

I got a ticket there too!  I think I was doing 34...

I'm very close to Hook - in Mapledurwell.  I'm a bit hopeless at getting out in the Westfield at the moment but will keep an eye out for a local meet up.

3 hours ago, Nick Mace said:

I got a ticket there too!  I think I was doing 34...

I'm very close to Hook - in Mapledurwell.  I'm a bit hopeless at getting out in the Westfield at the moment but will keep an eye out for a local meet up.

Yes we should arrange something for later in August if you are around then, I think there are 4 or 5 of us in the local area now