Blyton Track Day 2020 - will you be there?

Andy Banks

Blyton 2020 Track Day Attendance  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend the Bylton 2020 Track day?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you willing and able to help on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you willing and able to help on Sunday?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Are you willing and able to help on Saturday AND Sunday?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

It was probably loose at Cadwell, and most likely caused your spin? .. just agree with me Ben. 😉 

I think the spin had more to do with the rear end being completely solid on the suspension. It was wound all the way up to max stiffness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

I think the spin had more to do with the rear end being completely solid on the suspension. It was wound all the way up to max stiffness. 

Yes I believe too much stiffness on your rear end can give you a nasty turn. 

• Haha 1

It gave a new meaning to live axle😂😄 and then the front decided it wanted to be in on the live axle front as well

8 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

It gave a new meaning to live axle😂😄 and then the front decided it wanted to be in on the live axle front as well

Did you get much track time in the car between tweaking the shocks, and the wheel bearing going Ben?

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Did you get much track time in the car between tweaking the shocks, and the wheel bearing going Ben?

Yes I got a fair bit of seat time almost 2 full tanks of fuel. It didn't give up until around 3 o'clock ish. I made the tweaks after my first run. We were so spaced out on track it was hard to gauge how quick the car is. But it felt fast. Faster than my mazda turbo car. The 4 speed box seems to be geared quite long which felt good no need to keep changing up and down. Handled really well once I'd had a bit of a fiddle. I have a feeling the shocks are well past there best but they will to until the end of the year. The brakes felt good once I'd sorted the biasing so all in all I felt I learned a lot about the car. 

• Like 2

I managed one good video when I remembered to turn the camera on and it's the session where the wheel bearing gave way🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kingster unpinned and unfeatured this topic
4 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

@RussH did you find out what was wrong with Lionel 2

funny you should say that. We suspected water pump but when we took the old one off it had a tiny amount of play but seemed ok. 

Replaced it anyway.

Then spotted this 

DBE4C9AC-B1F0-458A-8345-A7D81C420E32.jpeg.c08788d69ee3ac4a832a90ab4b99e4f3.jpeg

One bolt missing, two sheared on the harmonic balancer. Could twist it by hand so that’ll probably be it. Ordered a new (used) one so we shall see....

Lucky it didn’t fail completely at full send. 

1 hour ago, RussH said:

funny you should say that. We suspected water pump but when we took the old one off it had a tiny amount of play but seemed ok. 

Replaced it anyway.

Then spotted this 

DBE4C9AC-B1F0-458A-8345-A7D81C420E32.jpeg.c08788d69ee3ac4a832a90ab4b99e4f3.jpeg

One bolt missing, two sheared on the harmonic balancer. Could twist it by hand so that’ll probably be it. Ordered a new (used) one so we shall see....

Lucky it didn’t fail completely at full send. 

Hopefully easy fix then. Any news on the westy 

16 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Hopefully easy fix then. Any news on the westy 

hopefully in time for Oulton!

• Like 1