WSCC 2020 Blyton event and Speed Series

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Poll - WSCC 2020 Blyton event and Speed Series  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If the WSCC Blyton sprint is possible will you attend?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we start the season on 1st July you intend to compete in a reasonable percentage of the remaining 21 events i.e. 8 or more

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If we start the season on 1st Aug do you intend to compete in a reasonable number of the remaining 14 events i.e. 6 or more

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Please read the below and then respond to the Poll ( For registered Speed Series Drivers only)

WSCC Blyton Event and the 2020 Speed Series (July to Oct)

The SSOT have been considering how the Speed Series will need to be managed in the next few critical months so that we have plans and a strategy to react to Government announcements on social distancing / lockdown or Motorsport UK regarding permission to start the 2020 sprinting / hill climbing season.

The first challenge is to deal with our WSCC Blyton weekend (Friday track day and the 2 sprints) 10th, 11th and 12th July 2020. At present we only have 2 or 3 entries for the sprints and around 15 for the track day. It is currently envisaged that a decision to proceed or cancel Blyton will be made at the end of May or the first week in June 2020.

Even if the lockdown is relaxed and we have the necessary permissions in order to proceed we will need to make checks with the support teams required to run the events and make sure they are still available and happy to attend. As you can imagine this is a critical decision for the club and your input to Question 1 is really appreciated to help us steer efforts in the right direction.

If then season starts on the 1st July 2020 we will still have 21 events on our calendar subject to the organising clubs having the ability to still run them. If we have a later season start of around 1st Aug 2020 we will have 14 events left on our calendar.

In order to judge the support we would theoretically have, I have attached a short Poll for interested parties to complete and this will help us formulate matching plans to try and fulfill competitor’s wishes where possible.

Many thanks and best wishes

The SSOT

• Like 1

Hmmm, perhaps rewording would be clearer.

I will attend WSCC sprint/trackday weekend if it's on so answered Yes to 1.

But I will not be competing - I will do the trackday and support running of the sprint competition.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

But I will not be competing - I will do the trackday and support running of the sprint competition.

Hi Dave 

The question is specifically for the sprint. The trackday although attended by WSCC members is run by Blyton not WSCC but for WSCC members

John

On 01/05/2020 at 14:01, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Same as Dave, Do the track day and help with the Sprint Series

Thanks Jim

Question is

Does the sprint series actually WANT help from the wscc members on the saturday and sunday?

if not, please say so.

The questions need amending in my opinion.

Blyton 2020 event will also now include the WSCC AGM ?

8 minutes ago, marcusb said:

Blyton 2020 event will also now include the WSCC AGM ?

Potentially. If it happens then yes. 

Perhaps we are confusing the Sprint Weekend in terms of who will be sprinting (the original post question) and the Sprint Weekend in terms of who’s going overall. 

I think @John needs to know the sprint participant numbers?

On 01/05/2020 at 13:45, John said:

The first challenge is to deal with our WSCC Blyton weekend (Friday track day and the 2 sprints) 10th, 11th and 12th July 2020. At present we only have 2 or 3 entries for the sprints and around 15 for the track day. It is currently envisaged that a decision to proceed or cancel Blyton will be made at the end of May or the first week in June 2020.

I am trying to make sure I and the SSOT are in possession of the best info for proceeding with the Speed Series if we are allowed to. The Blyton question arises as we need to be able react quickly if it is on and get entries in and check personnel are available . It will be the AGM and also John Williams is likely to need any help he can get with the paddock , start line and other duties during the Sat and Sun Sprint. The trackday is run by the circuit so it is not a risk for us.

2 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Yeah rtfm Kingy 🤣

I asked if this would be posted in members and not SS only. Therefore the questions will be confusing as it's as only SS.

Can we rethink please, this is a really important thing to get right.

If the track day is a separate event run by Blyton vs the 2 sprint days run and paid for by the club then potentially one could go ahead without the other. 

Unless there is a risk to the club in regards to the track day do we need to include it in any poll?

If we do then my view is to redo the poll and split the track day off so that the SSOT can get accurate figures on competitors who are planning to enter the sprints. 

The expect trackday would be fine without the sprint.

But the sprint relies on volunteer helpers, most of which attend the track day and might not volunteer without it's draw.

Imo Assessment of attendance for both is important, but with many coming on the forum infrequently maybe this should not be only avenue for polling.