Just for fun....

chrisbin

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cerbera

Top bloke...... :p

Did anyone see when Jez Clarkson got a Cerbera, Lotus Esprit turbo, 911 turbo, VX engined Caterham, Dodge Viper and Aston DB7 Vantage over 1/2 mile standing start.......

The only thing that was close to the Cerbera (and I mean within 50 yds) was the Porsche which had just started to catch it.

When they started off, a helicopter filmed it and the Cerbera shot off like you wouldnt believe....I have tried to see the vid for sale but cant find it......

Only downside is that they are unbelievably reliable and expensive to repair/run  ???  ???

Given the money its what I would go for  :cool:  :cool: as they are the ultimate in cool styling IMO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisbin

• adhawkins

• oioi

• Mark B

impreza wrx new or second hand low mileage sti .i have the later and will leave most other cars standing .mitsubishi needs servicing every 4500 miles even if your not paying its still a pain in the A***.second hand sti7 with prodrive perfomance pack (305bhp)approx 17000-20000service every 10000 miles.and is a car with a cult following just like the westy with fellow owners waving at you :p

Impreza. Especially if you live out in the country. Passsengers will get all whiteknuckled in the dry - when they realise that you can do 99% of that in the wet as well...

We have some dire roads out in our part of the world and despite leaving for work at 6pm everyday, in all weathers, it never gave me a moments worry. Reliable too... sold it 'cos my two boys are now just too big to fit in the back.  :down:

Did anyone see when Jez Clarkson got a Cerbera, Lotus Esprit turbo, 911 turbo, VX engined Caterham, Dodge Viper and Aston DB7 Vantage over 1/2 mile standing start.......

Certainly have... It did a standing mile in just over 30 seconds, 31.2 if memory serves, now thats fast!

The old Performance Car magazine had one on long term test and calculated they had 190mph out of a 4.5 ltr version and it was still going  :D

Edited to correct some shocking spelling, can't seem to type this morning  :blush:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cerbera

Top bloke...... :p

Yep!! Got the video - its an old Top Gear one. Son now watches it (he's 4)!!!

Had a look at the new spec. Scooby's this morning. List for WRX is £19,995 - What Car reckon you should be able to get about £1500 off. Let alone looking at imports. New interior is far better. And for £21,500 you can have full leather interior, plus heated seats and sunroof......yep, I was quite impressed!

Might even get SWMBO to agree its nice!!

XK8 is indeed a lot of car for the money, but I really want something a bit smaller/chuckable. Currently got a 523i and having read all the reviews about the 5 being brilliant, I was surprised at how much of a "bus" it feels.....

:(

Still, can't complain too much.

Thanks for all the input everyone - interesting reading! I think I am polarising my thoughts on a new WRX.......but I can't get ideas of a used Cerbera or 911 out of my head......keep thinking I might be silly to pass up the opportunity of a car like that......but then the Scooby will give me plenty of thrills while still being practical......decisions....decisions....

And then of course this  :devil:  keeps saying how about a 2 seater.........VX220Turbo?....Elise.....Boxster..........

AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Thanks for all the input everyone - interesting reading! I think I am polarising my thoughts on a new WRX.......but I can't get ideas of a used Cerbera or 911 out of my head......keep thinking I might be silly to pass up the opportunity of a car like that......but then the Scooby will give me plenty of thrills while still being practical......decisions....decisions....

And then of course this    keeps saying how about a 2 seater.........VX220Turbo?....Elise.....Boxster..........

AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Really feel for you................. :sheep:

And then of course this    keeps saying how about a 2 seater.........VX220Turbo?....Elise.....Boxster..........

AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Really feel for you................. :sheep:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

;) Thought you might......

:arse:  :arse:  :arse:

What about a BMW M5... leggyish versions with full wedge of history now availble for <£20K.

400bhp and sounds like a nascar.

Sensible choice is a Merc E320CDI estate (silver with leather and the AMG alloys) as you'de still have your 20K when you sold in a couple of years time. Also good for westie towing.

If it's something new then an Impreza is hard to argue against.

£20K you say :D

I know you say 4 doors and seats, but take a look at a used Lotus esprit V8 or Honda NSX, both available for that kind of Money.

If it's got to be new and practical, I'll be running to the Mazda dealer, but don't rule out the Mondeo ST220 V6 thing.

Other ideas, saw a Passat W8 full loaded with Kit for £18K on a dealers site recently, plenty of good newish 530 sports arround, and one or two Audi S4/S6/S8.

If looking at a 964 porsche, these do have a dit of a reputation, as a bit advanced for the time, 993 is a much better car.

But my altimate £20K car, Alfa SZ

Alfa?

I assumed he wanted it to last more than 6 months before bits started to fall off or stop working...

:D

Andy

The Leon Cupra R is based on the Golf chasis, just like the TT, and shares the TT's engine. At only 18K, it's a bargain.

Also consider the standard Cupra. Same engine as the R, but 180bhp and 14.5K. Then get it Revo chipped to give 240bhp :p

seatcupra.net