How's the grocery shopping going?

DonPeffers

My solution. People think I'm nuts so the keep a wide berth...

jV5y07I.png

• Like 1

I’ve had mostly a positive experience at my branch of Tesco, the queue goes down relatively quickly, if you time if right there’s no queue at all, And when there is a well spaced queue it goes down quite quickly, the trolley boys are disinfecting the trolleys as they bring them back to the front of store. I do scan as you shop so I’m picking my bags as I go, no checkout needed. The only thing that lets the system down, Joe Public, self centred, ignorant minority who don’t follow the arrows, don’t observe distancing and not giving one moment of thought for anyone else as long as they are not inconvenienced.

‘I’m going to stop now because I could write a novel with my gripes. 😡😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah but my eyewear is +3 dioptre swimming goggles! And I would normally have the helmet liner pulled up over the mouth to boot but it was in the wash when I took the picture.

The eyewear is an attempt to get over the problem of positive lenses magnifying the movement of the frames due to friction with the helmet side causing the world to bob up and down to a nausea-inducing degree with ordinary specs. Because the goggles rest against the bony orbit surrounding the eyeball, and do not have arms, they remain stationary vis-a-vis the eyes. Small problemetto is getting the helmet on whilst wearing the goggles! Can't put them on afterwards unlike spectacles.

9 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Ah but my eyewear is +3 dioptre swimming goggles! And I would normally have the helmet liner pulled up over the mouth to boot but it was in the wash when I took the picture.

The eyewear is an attempt to get over the problem of positive lenses magnifying the movement of the frames due to friction with the helmet side causing the world to bob up and down to a nausea-inducing degree with ordinary specs. Because the goggles rest against the bony orbit surrounding the eyeball, and do not have arms, they remain stationary vis-a-vis the eyes. Small problemetto is getting the helmet on whilst wearing the goggles! Can't put them on afterwards unlike spectacles.

I solved that by having refractive lens exchange surgery about 5 or 6 years ago. Totally amazing...

1 hour ago, pistonbroke said:

Blatvader 

The force is strong with this one...

8 hours ago, Blatman said:

I solved that by having refractive lens exchange surgery about 5 or 6 years ago. Totally amazing...

The force is strong with this one...

I considered contact lenses as a possible solution but as I would want varifocal (possible with contacts), and astigmatism correction (also possible) it wouldn't work because it is impossible to include both varifocal and astigmatism in one set of lenses. Besides, I don't fancy poking things in my eyes, and still less do I fancy having someone of unknown competence sticking sharp or other instruments in my eyes! 

Nothing poked in. Natural lens is dissolved and removed and replaced (in my case and because it's what I wanted) with a multi-focal lens. It's the same op as for cataracts except they install prescription lenses. I used to wear reading glasses but with my work that became a pain, and of course I'm incredibly vain... So I went for RLE which means both far and near sight are resolved. Eye tests recently have shown I am slightly better than 20:20 at all ranges and the results have been identical for the last five years. The surgery was done under IV sedation and I may as well have been unconscious because I have no memory of anything from ante-room to recovery room.

The two benefits that appealed most were; 1. I'll never need to wear glasses again and 2. it's impossible for me to get cataracts because my natural lens is gone. So just like Seven-of-Nine, I have "occular implants". Resistance is futile... :oops:

My brother, some years ago was told he had astigmatism. He had an eye test recently and was told it is pretty much gone. Neither he nor I knew that they could resolve over time. ..

Seven-of-Nine did have a couple of other 'attributes' though... :oops:

1 hour ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Seven-of-Nine did have a couple of other 'attributes' though... :oops:

True. Blonde hair and blue eyes do it for me every time... :oops: 

41 minutes ago, Blatman said:

True. Blonde hair and blue eyes do it for me every time... :oops: 

But Blatters, you said you loved ME! "Troi, you said, it's your coal black eyes..."

MV5BMTk1NTg1ODMxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODAw

Are you sure you could manage without help... 😏

Just now, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Are you sure you could manage without help... 😏

You'll be my first call. Bring a phaser...