Newbie going to view his first Westfield...

Jay m A

I have'nt unleashed another can of worms have I

Not at all  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :devil:

A certain cheque should have hit a certain desk today

We like you even more  :D  :D  ;) than before  :D  :devil:  :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay m A

• Blatman

• dasamdy

• conibear

Could be right there, its been a heavy month :p

Insurace as well, however £238 through Sureterm inc breakdown cover, legals etc felt reasonable - had to go on the CC mind :arse:

I somehow don't think he has made the wrong engine choice, do you Podders, nice reliable hoss power :D

Any chance of some piccies, not bothered about the rest of the car, just the motor will do  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:    

:D

Cheers

Dave

Although i've only been on here for a short while, I can safely say that Vx powered westys are the way to go, and all other derivatives are rubbish  

Steady now, you might start something        :p  :p  :p  :p

I was a VX owner and now ( cough) have a V8  :D

Dont need 1st 3rd or 4th (Its a torque thang)  :cool:  :cool:

Any chance of some piccies, not bothered about the rest of the car, just the motor will do

Who honestly wants to see a lump of Luton pig iron ?

:D:D:D:p:p:p:D:D:D

Any chance of some piccies, not bothered about the rest of the car, just the motor will do  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:    

Dave

Hmmm, yes please! I haven't had a good laugh in ages :devil:

You do have a wide angle lens don't you? :p

Ahem...

Bottom line..............

Vx (although now getting rare) is the best bang and most tuneable/reliable for your bucks by far. You did the right thing.  

Dont let the Zeta Jones` get to you  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Mind you, 208 bhp is pleeeenty in a westy

pics here

This website is taken from when it was for sale 4 months ago, I paid a bit less for it :cool:

I'm extremely happy with it, also the person who made the website owned it for most of its life, did all the upgrades with no expense spared, went to Le Mans a couple of times in it, I'm sure quite a few of you might know the car.

I'll try to be at the Surrey Feb meet, go easy on the newbie :D:D

Quite common. My VX with DTA has no cold start enrichment, as far as I can tell. Starts fine though, even when the ambient is below freezing. It just requires me tickling the throttle for a minute before it'll idle without stalling, and then I just drive it....

Is this car on carbs or injection?

I think it depends upon the DTA unit.  THe pro8 I am fitting to my XTR2Turbo does have cold start enrichment.

Regards

David

I'll try to be at the Surrey Feb meet, go easy on the newbie

You'll be made to feel welcome, don't worry.  

John

I think it depends upon the DTA unit.  THe pro8 I am fitting to my XTR2Turbo does have cold start enrichment.

I'm pretty sure mine has it. It's just never been mapped........