Newbie going to view his first Westfield...

Jay m A

Hello everybody, my first post  :)

I have been lurking for a while, gathering info and I must say this board is an excellent resource.

I am going to view a SEiW Vx with the SBD 208 kit this weekend, can anyone advise me about this engine?

Fumbling through the search facility I hear there can be cold start issues, on speaking with the owner he said the ECU doesn't have a cold start enrichment map, is this common?

General do's and don'ts buyer guide would be handy too!

Any advice welcome, and I will join the WSCC - honest! :)

Jay

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay m A

• Blatman

• dasamdy

• conibear

Welcome.....

Fumbling through the search facility

Good boy.....  :D  :D  :D

I hear there can be cold start issues, on speaking with the owner he said the ECU doesn't have a cold start enrichment map, is this common?

Quite common. My VX with DTA has no cold start enrichment, as far as I can tell. Starts fine though, even when the ambient is below freezing. It just requires me tickling the throttle for a minute before it'll idle without stalling, and then I just drive it....

Is this car on carbs or injection?

General do's and don'ts buyer guide would be handy too!

Do's and don't for a Westfield are quite similar to what you'd apply to a "normal" car. So check that numbers match, but don't be put of if the engine seems devoid of a number.........

Condition and spec is *everything*. Make sure that if the seller syas he has fitted xyz, then make sure you can see it, and/or see the receipt for it.

If it looks like a shed, then it almost certainly will be........

Is it a private sale, or from a dealer?

It just requires me tickling the throttle for a minute before it'll idle without stalling, and then I just drive it...

Thats exactly what he said  :D

Is this car on carbs or injection?

Injection by the looks of it.

How do I get onto Blatchat?

Edited to say private sale

cheers

Justin :)

www.blatchat.com, or by clicking this.

Good luck........

private sale

Where was the ad? Is it possible that we may already know the car?

If you let us know where you are,you may find someone local to you with a similar setup who could hold your hand or quide you in the ways of the vx installation :D

At least you've got the engine choice right, you could have ended up with a X-flow :oops:

or worse still

a Zetec Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cheers

Dave

Don't be put off by the fact it's got a Vauxhall old technology engine ;)  ;)  ;)    The car could still be worth purchasing.

You can always rectro fit later and there's plenty of refuse depots that can dispose of that old GM lump for you :D  :D  :D  :D

Don't be put off by the fact it's got a Vauxhall old technology engine ;)  ;)  ;)    The car could still be worth purchasing.

You can always rectro fit later and there's plenty of refuse depots that can dispose of that old GM lump for you :D  :D  :D  :D

:oops:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

LOL thanks for the constructive comments :arse:  :D

I have been in touch with the former owner and things are looking good, the garage that has serviced it is less than 5 miles away, as are SBD which is handy

:)

LOL thanks for the constructive comments :arse:  :D

I have been in touch with the former owner and things are looking good, the garage that has serviced it is less than 5 miles away, as are SBD which is handy

:)

You must be near me  ???  ???

If I can be of any help or if you want to look at a proper Ford engine let me know :D  :D  :D  :D

Ian

At least you've got the engine choice right, you could have ended up with a X-flow

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse::arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

etc etc etc

Dear Dave,

Zetec Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

:arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :devil:  :devil:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

with Regards

Ian

Oh good I feel a four way fight coming on. Xflow Duratec Vx and the king Zetec :D:D

If I can be of any help or if you want to look at a proper Ford engine let me know :D  :D  :D  :D

That'll take a while then...

Let's revisit this engine thing. They need to be light, reliable, powerful and look the business. Toyota.

There you go. Sorted. :devil: