Peak District Area and Corona Virus

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

As we are normally out and about most weekends, I thought it only polite to let people know the plan for the near future in the Peak District Area.

Following the advice from the powers that be there will not be any runs out planned until further notice.

Hard that it is for me to write this and I think for you to read this, it is important to put one's desires aside for the safety of everyone.

Take care out there

Glen and Julie xxxx 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Understood, but please tell me you will wave, if we pass in the Peaks ? 👍

• Like 2

Ok julie

The old mans in the at risk category 

So you do right

Glen told me its not the corona virus that will kill him but your driving🤑  c u soon john and jacky

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barnsley John said:

Is it the gbs day soon

Or is that cancelled  or as it gone

GBS are still going ahead with constraints 

Some of the yorkshire group mentioned GBS

Open day this sat

And attending

Ian bagpuss has just said he thinks its still on but may have some kind of constaints

So  it needs checking to see if there are restrictions   before anyone goes etc and if it does get cancelled

has new advice is been implemented on a day to day basis from the powers above

Please can anybody that has contact with GBS

post to give a update before sat on whats happening  and any numbers or invite only thanks john

As long as you stay in the cars and dont mingle to eat cake, you should be safe on the open road

• Like 1

Thanks for the info ian

Just read it this morning will let the people in our group know and pass the link above to them

Most of the barnsley crew have had everything disease  wise  and are immune  to everything apart from a nuclear atack 🤣 thanks john

11 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

As long as you stay in the cars and dont mingle to eat cake, you should be safe on the open road

That's the difficult bit. The drive to and from GBS is pretty bland, however the banter, cake and looking at cars makes up for it. If everyone stops in their cars, it won't be the same. 

As per WSCC Guidance from @Andy Banks - Chairman, if you do go with a group @Barnsley John don't wear WSCC clothing etc as members of the public may not look at the club in the best light etc.

• Thanks 1

Seems a strange decision to keep running it tbh, it’s not like their business depends on it going ahead.

• Like 2

Thats why you are lucky living near the peaks we around here is all old pit sites and boring roads

Our main treat and outings are when we arange to meet you lot at matlock and have a great run out

Then get depressed  coming back up here 

Could be worst though we are lucky to have a sports cars 

• Like 2