XTR4

Bananaman

Saw the new XTR4 at the Autosport show & although it looked like they had done a good job on the development from XTR2, I thought that the rear pannel looked a bit less than SEXY. :0  :0  :0

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian Gratton

• david.c

• Bananaman

• hilux

to be honest it was tipical westfield  ???  thrown together when it so easily become a very good motor  :(  with a bit more thought and development  ???  this is just my opinion but i think its about time they thought about empolying some new tallent  :oops:  god there is plenty out there it seems a shame to spoil what could be such a good product ,if its not the traditional westfield they seem f****D ,they don't seem able to think to far away from this ,food for thought  ??? seems a shame for a company that has come so far in such a competative and hard buisnness ,come on lets see something to make us proud  :t-up:

Sorry Chaps, But I think it is a good evolution from the Xtr2. This hopefully will get more people interested in the whole westfield brand etc....

P.s - I think the Stella Has kicked in.... :D  :D

stick to stella mr diamond  :t-up:  i am  :zzz:  :D  :t-up:and it never was a good name xtr2 my A*** 2rtx  ,rtx2 ,txr2,2xtr ,rxt2 ,all seem better than xtr2 don't they  ??? sounds like a crap ford  :arse:  :bangshead: xtr4 xr4t,txr4 ,tx4 .4xt ,god its hard to name a car westfield SEI R .westfield SRV .westfield ZV ,the list is endless but come on XTR2  ,XTR4 , :arse:  numbnuts  i can tell ya somone at westfield  loves fords  :arse:

According to Circuit Driver, XTR2 stands for eXtreme Track and Road, 2002. XTR4 is 2004.

Andy

Who cares what its called,

I think that in such a depressed car market Westfield should be given credit for moving forward with a product like the XTR2/4.

Isn't it about time we all got behind the guys who are at least trying to go somewhere, instead of being negative.

IMHO

I've only ever seen one up close that was part built, but I have to say, I'd love one.

They could be horribly unreliable I guess, but I've got nothing to base that on other than anecdotal evidence.

Fantastic looking car if you ask me.

Andy

Overall a good looking car and will be interesting to see the reviews....but it would have been nice to see some better detailing of "that hump". Ok I know the installation of the power plant serves some limitation on what the moulding can be but the palmer jaguar (yeah yeah I know it was £50k) and the Radical have a much better streamlined look to the rear.

A couple of grilles/ ducts in the hump and over  the top of the rear wheels might break the shape up a little.

They'll sell 'em though...Of that there's no doubt......And Caterham's new offering was.....???????????????

:arse:  :bangshead:  :sheep:

I have some pretty good pictures taken on Friday trade day.

Will try and get em of mi camera tomorrow.  I am surrounded by bits of dead workstation at the moment.:(  Thankfully my server and other puters are still working.

I agree the body could be a little different at the rump end...but that TT motor makes up for most of the height.  Its also quite roomy round the sides of the engine...just as well - u could upgrade to a nice fat KKK turbo with a nice external wastegate, some pistions, some rods, some head work, inlet plenum, injectors....480bhp anyone ???

HOOOOGE ASS.

I thought they both had quite nicely proportioned rears  :love:  :love:

What there was a car at the stand  :D  :D

Yep personally thought looked a bit stuck on, thought they could have blended it down to the tail, also thought the lines paint job made it look much worse  :zzz:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Still, think its a good choice of engine with plenty of potential for tuning  :cool:

We even chewed the fat with the grinnal stand who have just put one in there latest 4 wheel car  :oops:  :oops:

They recon 350bhp with chip and turbo change still keeping it very reliable  :devil:  :devil:

They'll sell 'em though...Of that there's no doubt......And Caterham's new offering was.....????????????

I couldn't even find an official Caterham stand... there was a few cars about, like the bike v8 powered one on Reviere's (spelling?) stand...  :love:

I thought the angle of the enigne in XTR4 was a bit concerning though, the front of the engine was a good deal lower than the rear... I thought installing engines on the p*** like that meant certain death for the motor? (a bit of a generalisation, i know, but you get the gist...  :D )