My first question (s)

K17 CAR

It’s pretty clear a reverse is needed I completely overlooked it, was quoted £940 a set for slicks & wets then I need rims too suit the rears.

This was the cost I was trying to avoid if I was too continue in Javelin, yes you can run free tyres in Javelin but what’s the point of turning up with uncompetitive tyres.

To run roadgoing in WSS I only need to purchase 1b tyres for the rear I’ve got fronts so fitting a electric reverse would still be the cheaper option?

Jon,

200/540/13 are £210 each

250/575/13 are £265 each

So £950 plus vat per set.

Slicks and wets are the same price.

35 minutes ago, S2T said:

10.9.1.For Road Cars-and Standard Cars, the reverse gearmust remain operable at all times.

But I thought it was mentioned earlier that we are not standard cars - or did I get that wrong?

Seems at odds with the road legal stance if a car is 100% road legal without one!

Any old set of 1B tyres will be ok as wets as its very very rare that it rains all day and the track has standing water which would be the only time we would ever use wets

4 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Any old set of 1B tyres will be ok as wets as its very very rare that it rains all day and the track has standing water which would be the only time we would ever use wets

Thats a fair comment, the nature of the events unlike a 20 minute race mean you would be unlucky to have standing water all day 

My wets are 9 years old and smaller in size to my full slicks

23 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

But I thought it was mentioned earlier that we are not standard cars - or did I get that wrong?

Seems at odds with the road legal stance if a car is 100% road legal without one!

Technically at the MOT the car must be able to be driven on and off the ramps. Whether your own MOT tester does that is up to him/her

2 minutes ago, S2T said:

Technically at the MOT the car must be able to be driven on and off the ramps. Whether your own MOT tester does that is up to him/her

@CosKev - over to you 🤣

Ok, can I be a pain ?

can someone provide a quick potted guide as to what’s required both car & driver wise for modified, for example does the car need to be log-booked? 

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

@CosKev - over to you 🤣

Never going to happen with our lightweight cars!😛

Unless of course you are talking about reversing lights.......🙄😏

1 hour ago, K17 CAR said:

Ok, can I be a pain ?

can someone provide a quick potted guide as to what’s required both car & driver wise for modified, for example does the car need to be log-booked? 

You’d need a HANS device, and a vehicle log book/passport, I’m pretty sure that’s all my dad had to do to move up.

Logbook is around £45 and easy to arrange.

Plenty of second good slicks around if cost is an issue. Plenty 1 year old ones get moved on by the top guys on uphillracers