2020 Tyre Regs

B.RAD

The SSOT have already noted this situation and are investigating the acceptability of the 1800cc engine that ACW last used which was in a Modified class rather than Road class as specified by Motorsport UK latest Regs

12 minutes ago, maurici said:

Or go out and have fun taking engines in and out... don't really matters what class you are for that, it will have an engine and it can come out anytime as long as you are up to the job. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Actually you are dead right one of the best weekends I have had was the engine out and back in at Blyton.

Because it was the spirit of the series with everyone mucking in to get me back in the car for one run at the end of the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Actually you are dead right one of the best weekends I have had was the engine out and back in at Blyton.

It was a joke... 

You need a new life where engines and boxes dont break

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

The SSOT have already noted this situation and are investigating the acceptability of the 1800cc engine that ACW last used which was in a Modified class rather than Road class as specified by Motorsport UK latest Regs

Terry

Could you please clarify use of electronic driver aids in W1 & W2 whilst you guys debate ACW’s engine in the same classes. 

Thanks in advance Marto 

How do the AR 1s react to double driving are the like the 1c where their was an advantage in having a tyre warmer??

cheers

Barry

As the saying goes, more than one way to de-fur a moggy. Regardless of power, gadgets, gearbox etc there's generally a way to win, if you want it badly enough. I did OK in 2017 and wasn't in the lightest nor most powerful car, without traction or launch. Arguably the only thing common across the class was pretty much every car had paddle shift.

Returning to topic, I was staggered at how good the AR-1s were on Simon's car, despite them seemingly barely wearing at all and being 15s not the 13s I've always driven on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barry S said:

How do the AR 1s react to double driving are the like the 1c where their was an advantage in having a tyre warmer??

cheers

Barry

The harder the tyre the better in having warmers!!

AR1 Are ok from cold. They are amazing where warm, and they are **** after 4 laps when they overheat...

But starting with them with some degrees over the cold start would be great.

Are you hiring?

I have been in contact with extreme tyres today enquiring on the availability of a 215. 

They tell me they have the ability to produce them now but have only checked the suitability of Kumho V700’s casings for their matrix and need 150 casings for a production run. 

Sorry - my post seems to have cause people some effort. Im keen to know what counts in S12 from an MSA point of view. It seems that reading the yearbook for the first time in a long long time, that the MSA have had similar thoughts to the SSOT in making more of a one size fits all for the class structure. Many things seem to be free in S.12 even with a conservative reading.

I'd like to come play if I can get the car sorted. I probably wouldnt run the 1800 engine although im not sure there is anything preventing it in the rules as they stand. My car in the last 12 years has always run full lights, 2 seats and belts and had an MOT for shakedowns. The only time it didnt have full lights etc was when Mike was double driving it, and invariably it did have that at the start of the day :).

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, tkm_dave said:

I did OK in 2017 and wasn't in the lightest nor most powerful car, without traction or launch

Shame you drove like crap m8...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

If the team decide ACW’s 1800cc engine is unacceptable for the road class that would push him into W3 Modified with Steve, Matt, Terry and others. 

Following on from the BEC v CEC debate and on a first past the post basis, I’d be interested to see how that works out ! 

• 2 weeks later...