2020 Tyre Regs

B.RAD

3 hours ago, AdamR said:

Set of AR-1s in 13" will be around £450-500.

If you get a good ebay voucher code where ebay take the hit normally jjc or demon thieves are included so if you order ar1's I have managed a full set including delivery last year for £311

I love them but this years set with 100 tread ware rate were a little hard to turn on in cooler weather. 

6 minutes ago, Meatibald Archpants said:

I had a girlfriend like that once.

I know you told me that story 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

If you are coming back Barry there are some excellent List 1A's around.  I am sure Marto and I could give you some recommendations🙂:yes:

Keith

• Haha 3

im considering running next year and trying to get my head around it all. Its not like in my day.

Id like to run in road going as Slicks are too much effort, break the car too much and the impacts are faster. So...

1. What do I need to do to de-mod my car for Roadgoing classes in SS and....

2. What is the best List1B tyre. I assume from above you can get various compounds of 1B tyre and hence the lower treadwear number.

16 hours ago, ACW said:

im considering running next year and trying to get my head around it all. Its not like in my day.

Id like to run in road going as Slicks are too much effort, break the car too much and the impacts are faster. So...

2. What is the best List1B tyre. I assume from above you can get various compounds of 1B tyre and hence the lower treadwear number.

1) Potentially nothing as long a roadgoing and full MOT etc but without knowing the full spec its impossible to say 

2) Probably Nakang AR1 unless someone else knows better

11 minutes ago, ACW said:

You could run the car how you had it when it was in E, and swap out the ZZR's for a set of current 1B's (Nankang AR1s are pretty decent and go up to 235 wide in a 13 so would work well for a car like yours, Extreme's seemed like they were going well, but there is a chance they may be removed from 1B, and they are fairly narrow)>

Remember you need lights and a proper passenger seat with belts etc 

I do not want this to turn into another thread like the last one that got locked but I’m confused and need help. I’ve not got a bb to hand. 

Have I understood this correctly that Ade can enter W1 with his car basically as it used to be in E ie under 1800cc sequential gearbox launch & traction control etc so long as it has full MOT Tax Ins, 1b’s and a passenger seat ? 

Yes. You can run a double decker that says westfield and retain the shape of the car as long as i does have full Mot and tax (and this in a kit car means basically lights, handbrake and a passenger ish seat).

Is how MSA rules are written tho... I had to fight SEVERAL times with missiles with more technology than a Space shuttle on MSA 2b...

I dont think is too bad. I don't think it will work straight away either... but, time to time.

1 hour ago, Marto303 said:

I do not want this to turn into another thread like the last one that got locked but I’m confused and need help. I’ve not got a bb to hand. 

Have I understood this correctly that Ade can enter W1 with his car basically as it used to be in E ie under 1800cc sequential gearbox launch & traction control etc so long as it has full MOT Tax Ins, 1b’s and a passenger seat ? 

That's how I see it Martin so not a lot of point coming to play at the same events ACW enters. As long as it has light and Mot then he can run. 

How this is supposed to increase participation is beyond me. 

Good job the cars for sale, may just not bother replacing it. 

1 hour ago, Marto303 said:

Every thread will go  that way to some degree, as the regs have such a big change and impact.

37 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Good job the cars for sale, may just not bother replacing it. 

Can't see it, as I said in the other thread.

Good job it wasn't cheaper, otherwise I would have wasted money I couldn't afford to on another Westfield that would end up uncompetitive.

47 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Replace the electronic toys and sequential boxes for talent? They are only worth so much. They will still be running an spaceframed kit car with the same(ish) setup as yours in terms of geometry and with enough added weight to go trough an MOT...

Or go out and have fun taking engines in and out... don't really matters what class you are for that, it will have an engine and it can come out anytime as long as you are up to the job. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

My main downside in the Speed Series, was that i use to strike my class, and more often than no, I was striking classes running with 1c tyres and jet fighters disguised as a westfield... but that meant nothing, it was an stupid target time in place that was rewarding me with some stupid ninety something points regardless of what the others did... (sorry i will get VERY  cocky now)...

Now, every single car behind me, will mean something,  and every single one in front will... well driver excuse 123/section 2 paragraph 4... "he has traction control". So at least you can have the feel of actually doing something other than going home with glassware for just turning up. Shame will be on them for having a car worth 15k more than yours and only being half a second faster in the launch. Don't underestimate the fact of normalizing the tyres ( and therefore the potential grip you can have to the ground).

Those are my thoughts anyway.

And if you want to win... you only have 1 single limit!!! BUDGET. Spend more than the others in toys, chose the class wisely, and you'll have the championship regardless of your driving skills.

Basically like every other championship that is not FULLY regulated to stock cars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1