Knockhill Friday 6th Sep

Andrew

On 30/08/2019 at 09:00, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

No better just yet - so much work and down a staff member (well THE staff member 🤣

25 places left, so its now half full. Weather at this stage is looking good.

:sun:

12 minutes ago, NDS said:

The weather forecast looks ok only a 20% change of rain. Not bad for Knockhill. 

I've done twelve days up there over the last few years and can only remember a couple of times when it rained, and have never had a total wash out.

Bring on the sunshine.

😎

Sorry @Andrew time is not on my side. Just got far too much work on - and although the battery would last, I’ve still not got my over-charging alternator swapped!

47 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Sorry @Andrew time is not on my side. Just got far too much work on - and although the battery would last, I’ve still not got my over-charging alternator swapped!

OK Chris, ..another lonesome day north of the border. 😄

22 places left, weather looking good.. 

:sun:

Yeah - would be good but sadly just so little leisure time available to me right now. Only done one track day the whole year 😞

Well I've had better days.. 

Weather was good. :sun: The track was a bit damp in places on the first session, and the slicks seemed to take an age to get any warmth in them, but Ok eventually.

Gear change is still giving me grief. Tried shimming the stick with washers, which made it worse, so reverted back and just lived with it. Was getting some good sessions on track up until late afternoon, when I just couldn't get any gears. 

Pushed the car on the trailer, and thought I'd get a head start on the rush hour traffic on the Edinburgh bypass.. nah! failed.

On top of all that the Vbox logger seems to have packed up, so no data to overlay on any vids. Plus the videos I have got are a bit shakey. I broke a stubby mount and was using a taller one, that's not up to it.

Lonely trackdays-r-us. ;)

P1150177.thumb.JPG.0cb5587010fb23d61f4f4792b97b7a2c.JPG

• Sad 2

Here's a vid from Friday's happenings.. It's a bit shakey at times due to a crap camera mount.

First part is following an R1 powered MK. I thought he was going quite well considering he was on road tyres. T1rs I think, and his passenger was no lightweight. :oops:

We had a bit of a drag race up the hill.. 

After the seamless join (not!) I was chasing after I presume, a SLS BMW, until fuel shortage brought me in.

• Like 1