Three Sisters Drift Experience Day 24.9.2019

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

2 hours ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

Tuition in the morning, competition in the afternoon :)

That was the format of the one I did with “the dark side” before I saw the light 😁

I’d be interested too and would prefer to learn control more than tricks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even though my car is not finished yet (and unlikely to be by the time this would be organised) I'd still like to come and watch and hopefully learn some stuff.

Just really depends on location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TableLeg said:

Even though my car is not finished yet (and unlikely to be by the time this would be organised) I'd still like to come and watch and hopefully learn some stuff.

Just really depends on location.

The Westfield drift days, at least in the past, have used a factory-supplied car so no need to thrash your own....!

• Like 1

Yes, one of the biggest draws of the drift days is that you are able to learn in a purpose adapted car, on someone else’s tyres!!

In the drift case, is usually been sticky fronts, with reinforced heavy duty van tyres on the rear, massively over inflated compared to normal.

The whole idea is that the cars will break traction relatively easily and speeds that are easily contained and (comparatively) safe. Straight cut type 9 ‘boxes with the long first have normally been used, too, so you spend most of your time in first/second.

And even then, things happen quickly while you’re at the wheel getting used to such a different driving style, so it certainly doesn’t feel slow!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

The Westfield drift days, at least in the past, have used a factory-supplied car so no need to thrash your own....!

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yes, one of the biggest draws of the drift days is that you are able to learn in a purpose adapted car, on someone else’s tyres!!

In the drift case, is usually been sticky fronts, with reinforced heavy duty van tyres on the rear, massively over inflated compared to normal.

The whole idea is that the cars will break traction relatively easily and speeds that are easily contained and (comparatively) safe. Straight cut type 9 ‘boxes with the long first have normally been used, too, so you spend most of your time in first/second.

And even then, things happen quickly while you’re at the wheel getting used to such a different driving style, so it certainly doesn’t feel slow!

Even better then! :yes:

• Like 1

Hello All, I'm waiting for confirmed locations and special price for the WSCC club.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Definitely interested, subject to where and when.