RWD convertible daily toy. What am I missing?

AdamR

I have a fair bit to do to match that as a 'daily driver' but working on it! Good luck with the Big D and enjoy every minute of this beasty.

11 hours ago, AdamR said:

Well, thanks again for all the ideas chaps :t-up: It's given me a huge range to mull over and it's really opened my eyes to what's available, a lot of stuff I'd not even considered!

There's a bit more to this than I've mentioned so far, but I've decided what to do... In short I'm hoping to be able to work back up through some of the cars in this thread in the future, but for now the divorce I'm having to deal with (and the fairly unsavoury circumstances surrounding it) means I'm unlikely to ever be in this position again. So I've decided to go balls out. You only live once and all that.

Have some final arm-wrestling to do with the dealer on the finer details, but should be collecting this little fella next week all being well...

media.jpg?id=f89556c7ad334d57b3b70c02222

I currently have an F430 Spider which I had planned to hang onto as an investment, but honestly I don't really enjoy driving it. The coolest thing about that car has been letting mates drive it, random strangers asking to take a look (and seeing how chuffed they are that the answer is always yes!), my mum getting really excited by the bl**** wonderful noise it makes - but it always felt a bit fragile and as an 'investment' I didn't want to drive it as much as it deserved. It would have ended up being sold as part of the divorce settlement anyway so seems pointless to hang onto it. So for now I might as well chop that in and go for something that's a bit more 'me' - nerdy rather than flamboyant, amazing engineering, slightly more understated and more usable from day to day.

I test drove a 650S and it felt a bit too hardcore. Insanely fast but perhaps a bit too 'focused' for road driving. This seems like a nice balance.

There are many horror stories about huge warranty bills and massive depreciation, but going into it with open eyes, a lump of cash in reserve just in case and a top warranty from Thorney Motorsport, I'm hoping I can just enjoy it and deal with any issues pragmatically should they arise!

Great choice, you'll really enjoy the 12C great car. Don't get too worried about the horror stories, the more you drive them the less chance of problems. ;) 

If you think a 650s is hardcore try a 675LT one day or a 600LT, stunning drivers cars 😍😍😍

5 minutes ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

try a 675LT one day or a 600LT, stunning drivers cars 😍😍😍

You mean try and CHASE a 675lt one day 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Drove a 12-c on a super car day when I also drove a 430, gt 2, db9, gallardo and the MacLaren was in a different league to them all.

An amazing car no matter which parameter you are looking at and so special to be inside.

Thanks for the positivity guys! 

Hard to explain what I mean with the 650, Nick. I guess it felt way too easy to get into serious trouble on the road. Despite the trick suspension it was pretty firm, with the increased spring rates over the 12C. Would love a go in one of the newer ones sometime though!

The sound it makes is, in comparison with my Ferrari certainly, probably the least exciting aspect of the car - for now at least. I've long been in the 'turbos suck' camp, but there is something interesting about all the other noises you get from it so I'm going to go into this with open eyes (ears?).

Chris, I actually spent less than half my budget. Just had a little trump card to play that's all. There's man maths at its best 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Chris, I actually spent less than half my budget. Just had a little trump card to play that's all. There's man maths at its best 😂

The cheapest 12C i found was around £80k - pleeeeeaaassse teach me your man maths! :-) 

I don't envy your situation, I used to practice matrimonial law about 10 years ago, very messy! 

I'm sure the 12C will help alleviate your situation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrPid said:

pleeeeeaaassse teach me your man maths!

It’s called a Ferrari 🤪

• Like 1

Stunning car well done.

That's the beauty of man maths it can be fudged to suit any situation :d

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

It’s called a Ferrari 🤪

I have some Ferrero (Rocher)... does that count? 😉 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrPid said:

I have some Ferrero (Rocher)... does that count? 😉 

Only if you also have all of the jewellery from the accompanying "Ambassador's Reception" 😁

Trade Fezza in for £70k, chuck £20k on top, get a 12C. Only spent 20 grand. Wahey! :laugh:

I've seen them as low as £75k now, and still dropping. Staggering performance and technology for the money! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Only spent 20 grand.

Yes I could do that! ... now where do I find one of those free Fezza’s?

If I book the westy in for a setup does this come as a courtesy car while I wait?

:p

12c?   Who makes them?   Too many letters and numbers being used these days.

18 minutes ago, SootySport said:

12c?   Who makes them?   Too many letters and numbers being used these days.

McLaren MP4-12C

I think 😕!! 😄